Anti-war soldier Joe Glenton in medal return protest

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by FourZeroCharlie, Nov 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Anti-war soldier Joe Glenton in medal return protest

"Joe Glenton, 27, from York, served six months in a military jail after he admitted going absent without leave. He was released in July.
    Mr Glenton handed over his Veteran's Badge to 10 Downing Street earlier.
    He said: "It's really important to me to make this protest, this symbolic gesture."

Wow. That's sure to have shaken the Establishment to its very core.

2. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

" Fear has it's uses, cowardice has none"

3. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

He's one of the guest speakers in Hyde Park prior to the Stop the War coalition rally tomorrow.

I'm hoping to get some decent shots of him looking like an arse! :-D

4. That's right up there with Siegfried Sassoon chucking his MC in the Thames.

Can Glenton write poetry? Suspect he's not a foxhunting man...

5. Gremlin

Sassoon pretty much earnt the right to do whatever he wanted with his though.

There's a bit of a difference between an MC and a lapel badge gizzit!

6. So the Veterans badge is now a medal?

7. Fixed it for you mate.

8. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Speaking before giving back his medal, Mr Glenton said: "I've been in self-imposed exile and prison for raising my views."

Fixed that for him.

Don't you have to apply to get the veterans badge? Its not issued when you leave is it?

9. £20 to Hols4Heroes if you get a photo of you punching him in the face.

10. Gremlin

Just a thought.........

If the yellow bellied cock known as Glenton is so upset about the war, why is he not handling back his first AFG Campaign medal as well as the vets badge? :

[​IMG]

Security Bod: "It's a note from Dave mate. It says 'Go ram it up your arse you turd'".

11. He calls it a "symbolic" gesture.
    Was it the same symbolic gesture which prompted him to accept the Queens shilling in the first place?

12. Gremlin

Having almost been nicked at Chatham by SB for calling Gordo something unpleasant in a rather loud voice, I'll pass on that one.

I'm going to record, not participate.

13. I get the feeling he is hoping to be the next unknown on 'I'm a celebrity.'
    Outside of his own troop who knows, and whocares?

14. I'm gonna throw my ISAF chocolate gong at his stupid ******* alien head, it's a symbolic gesture.

Got no problems with the protest itself though, I just don't like the grandstanding ****, he's just some twat that went AWOL and impersonated an anti-war protester to beat the wrap.

Afghanistan is a waste of time if you're not going to do it properly, you either go in and sort it or you go in half cocked with your hands tied and let the conflict drag on.

If these blokes feel so strongly though they should hand in their OSM, if they have them.

15. Maybe he thinks he is Britians answer to Ron Kovic.