"Anti Virus Pro2010"

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by kabulronin, Sep 19, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Somehow this cr*p has down dteo my laptop.

My Symantecti virus shows it as a virus but I cant remove it.

Anone had the same problem and beaten it?

2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Google:

<<"Anti Virus Pro 2010" manual removal>>

There are quite a few walk throughs about.

3. Try trendmicros "housecall". It's free, a little slow (As it scans over the web, not locally) but may get rid of it for you?

4. then get rid of Symantic and put on NOD32 antivirus from ESET, symantic is about as useful as a dead rotton fish.

5. Tried and tested, both of the below.

SUPERantispyware, available free HERE does the job nicely, as well as constantly updating and removing lots of little spy and malware infections.

Also, ditch Nortons, its crap and intrusive. Get yourself Avast Antivirus, Home edition is free and available HERE

Register is as home edition every 12 months and it stays free.

Malwarebytes got rid of XP Anti Virus 2008 but it doesnt touch the newer ones.

Hope those help.

6. Fubes , thanks a lot mate my PC was all ferked up with all inds of nasty things and on your advice its sorted , if your ever in Cardiff PM me I owe you a drink .

7. How does Avast compare with AVG?

8. TaffPlod no problem, glad I can help mate :)

Stabradop, Avast and AVG are very similar user wise, but I find Avast catches a lot more on the scanner than AVG.
    The AVG scanner doesn't seem to be as robust and thorough as Avast. That's purely my own opinion though, other may argue the toss the other way.

The reason I use Avast is through trial and error, Norton, McAffee, AvG, Sophos etc, tried them before and used them at work, got thoroughly hacked off with them letting trojan's and virus's through. All my home pc's and laptops are running Avast and, touch wood, nothing has got through. The email scanner is very effective as well.

Hope that helps.

9. Fubes

Thanks mate, I will give it a bash and see what happens

10. Strangely enough I've just had to remove this from my laptop within the last hour.

Microsoft have released a free Antivirus program called 'Microsoft Security Essentials' which I downloaded, installed, updated and ran a scan - problem solved.