ANTI UK Road Tax [Petition]

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Svyazist, Dec 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The government's proposal to introduce road pricing will mean you having to purchase a tracking device for your car and paying a monthly bill to use it.
    The tracking device will cost about £200 and in a recent study by the BBC, the lowest monthly bill was £28 for a rural florist and £194 for a delivery driver.
    A non working Mum who used the car to take the kids to school paid £86 in one month.
    On top of this massive increase in tax, you will be tracked. Somebody will know where you are at all times. They will also know how fast you have been going, so even if you accidentally creep over a speed limit you can expect a NIP with your monthly bill.
    If you care about our freedoms and stopping the constant bashing of the car driver, please sign the petition on No 10's new website:

Link Here

Edited to make link work!
  2. Don't believe for a moment any petition will change their minds, but I'll fill it in anyway.
    However, if I do find myself the proud owner of a tracker, said device will never leave the garden without its very own tinfoil lined hat.......

Or I would if the link worked :D
  3. fuuck that ! no way I am going to accept a tracker on MY car and pay for the previlge, if they try it on , this is going too far, only a snap election get these power mad loonies out and killing this stupid scheme.

It seems its true what they say , You know When you have been in power too long when you start churning out madcaps schemes instead of good ideas and substances.
  4. Nanny state gone mad if you ask me! Happily signed and forwarded to everyone I know!
  5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Signed but as it is another way of Gordo to get more cash out of us, I reckon we are bugg3red anyway
  6. Tracking devices in our cars? It sounds like something from a 50's Sci-Fi story.

One step further and we'll all be electronically tagged.
  7. You mean like this:

Mmm, whatever next? Matrix style cots of goo for us to all live in?

8. Feck! That's a cheering thought for Crimble.
  9. 'Server timed out' and 'unable to find page'

Its been nobbled already. BASTARDS
  10. Interesting point: I bet they keep the standard road tax disk so that you have to continue to pay to keep it parked on or off the road, and you'll still have to pay fuel duty in addition to this fcuking mileage duty.

Another interesting point (to me anyway) is that they call this in the press 'Gordon Brown Fights Pollution by increasing taxes'. This must be some strange planet we are living on.

If they ever do make a viable fuel cell vehicle (the only emission is water), they will find a way to tax it. Let's say for example (and this is true) that all the water that falls from the sky and lands on your property does not belong to you, it belongs to the water board. If it comes out of your exhaust, it must be a wastage that has to be charged for. The highways agency will charge for the water drainage services on the side of the road to collect all this waste water and carry it away to be re-processed.

Here's another one - scramjets! They obviously will tax the fuel that powers the vehicle if it becomes a normal mode of air transport in that you will pay fuel duty on both the jet fuel AND the air that is tainted by passing through it.

If I breath out, I am breathing out Co2, which as we all know is a greenhouse gas. I (and 6 billion other people) are the worst kind of polluter. When are they going to tax the air that we breath.
  11. Not really convinced this is a pettition.

Your name and address probably get passed over to the Neu Labour party commissars :?: