Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Anti-semitism debate, 17 Apr 18

IRRC, we werent that soft on the locals while in charge on that bit of turf

Heres the bill from the Arab revolt in Palestine 1936-39

British Security Forces:
262 killed
c. 550 wounded[8]
Jews:
c. 300 killed[9]
4 executed[8]
Arabs:
c. 5,000 killed[1]
c. 15,000 wounded[1]
108 executed[8]
12,622 detained[8]
5 exiled

...and here we go round the carousel again. A thread on antisemitism is derailed into a slanging match on Israel/Palestine by way of Judea and the British empire , once more. Hating Jews seems to be the new in thing amongst the left cognoscenti; the fig leaf of anti Zionism is very convenient for them.

The poor woman is receiving death threats due to the Momentum mob enacting Corbyn's "kinder gentler politics" (sic) and putting up with Momentum's anti semitism

That and the antisemities in Labour wanting to deselect her

So it's not surprising she's put on a bit

Anecdotally, I was working out in Abu Dhabi some years ago and the camp boss seemed to have everyone on the permanent staff on a tight leash, including the locals. I asked one of the other European contractors how he could get even the Arabs to do as they were told.

"He's Palestinian."

"Oh, right. So, they think he'll go all PLO on them and give them a shoeing?"

"Sort of - his wife is Palestinian, too."

"So...? It's not like Arab men are inclined to consider what a woman thinks, is it?"

"They do when she's one of Arafat's cousins..."
Exactly how it works, it all depends on how much wasta you have

The poor woman is receiving death threats due to the Momentum mob enacting Corbyn's "kinder gentler politics" (sic) and putting up with Momentum's anti semitism

That and the antisemities in Labour wanting to deselect her

So it's not surprising she's put on a bit
ditto this one. Probably not the place for levity so shouldn't have commented.

Everyone kind of omits to mention how ‘robust’ the Arabs could be in dealing with the Palestinians.
The Jordanians killed 3,500 of them driving them out to Lebanon.

...and here we go round the carousel again. A thread on antisemitism is derailed into a slanging match on Israel/Palestine by way of Judea and the British empire , once more. Hating Jews seems to be the new in thing amongst the left cognoscenti; the fig leaf of anti Zionism is very convenient for them.

You may be right about the Nazis hiding behind concerns over Israel.

Which is of course excellent news for Israel supporters seeking to deflect criticism.

Why do the Arab nations have such a problem with Israel?

The Jews took a desert with no natural resources, made it bloom and built a 1st world country and economy.

Despite having virtually unlimited natural resources, and no ongoing and constant existential threat to fend off, nearly all of the Arab world are still sitting in 3rd world housing and living in poverty in failed 3rd world States.

Israel is a constant reminder to Arabs leaders what a total horlicks they've made of things.
The poorest Arab living in Israel has a better standard of living and vastly better civil rights than the vast majority of Arabs living in Arabs States.
Pretty much sums up the conclusion I reached after spending a couple of weeks touring Israel and (in a more limited way) it's neighbours, in 2001.

OK, I was a Brit delegate, on an IDF course, aimed firmly at creating a positive impact on its attendees, BUT fark-my-old-boots, the gulf between what the Red Sea pedestrians have done with their slice of the ME, compared to their most fortunate/industrious Arab neighbours has to be seen to be believed.

It's no wonder they're disliked by rulers whose power and prestige hangs off something close to serfdom.

It's somewhat harder to grasp why any modern western person with an idea of 'work ethic' would find Jewish people collectively repugnant.

I guess these Corbynite types simply don't fit any part of my description.

Last edited:
Everyone kind of omits to mention how ‘robust’ the Arabs could be in dealing with the Palestinians.
The Jordanians killed 3,500 of them driving them out to Lebanon.
Any link to that? Especially as the Jordanians are supposed to be one of the most democratically minded nations of the arab world.
Not a stitch up here. A genuine quest for information.

Pretty much sums up the conclusion I reached after spending a couple of weeks touring Israel and it's neighbours (in a more limited way) in 2001.

OK, I was a Brit delegate, on an IDF course, aimed firmly at creating a positive impact on its attendees, BUT fark-my-old-boots, the gulf between what the Red Sea pedestrians have done with their slice of the ME, compared to their most fortunate/industrious Arab neighbours has to be seen to be believed.

It's no wonder they're disliked by rulers whose power and prestige hangs off something close to serfdom.

It's somewhat harder to grasp why any modern western person with an idea of 'work ethic' would find Jewish people collectively repugnant.

I guess these Corbynite types simply don't fit any part of my description.

Everything you say is spot on until the last sentence.

You’ve let the site down, you’ve let yourself down, but happily you’ve come through handsomely for the current propagandists.

The terms ‘Corbyn’ and ‘anti Semitic’ have been successfully linked in your mind.

Have a Rich Tea.

I was once on a bus travelling up Seven Sisters Road in London. It's quite a steep slope and I looked out to my right. A middle aged Jewish chap, long black coat, fur hat and sweating like buggery. He was pedalling like feck and overtook the bus. Talk about industrious. Very impressive, :cool:

The terms ‘Corbyn’ and ‘anti Semitic’ have been successfully linked in your mind.

Have a Rich Tea.
Now how could that possibly happen? Is it:
(a) It's all a filthy Jew plot.
(b) Corbyn allies himself with antisemites, fails to act on antisemitism in his party, and hates them pesky Jews.

I prefer Tesco choccy digestive biccies.

Last edited: