Anti-Semitic forces out to get Levy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Mar 10, 2007.

?
  1. No.

88.6%
  2. Rather no.

6.8%
  3. Maybe.

4.5%
  4. Yes.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. The whole case has been forged by anti-Semites.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/03/10/nlevy10.xml

2. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Dang...I thought he was a Methodist, just goes to show you can't judge a book by its cover :twisted:

3. Anti-Semitism, no way. People are on his case because he is a crook and a money pimp for his slimy tennis partner, T.B.Liar. Do us all a favour Levy and spill your guts to Yates of the Yard.

4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

There are always those who think in absolutes, be it the black activist who released the video of the cops restraining the violent, drunken women wrecking a car or those, more generally, who see that every action of justice has some alternative darker driver.

Frankly, people can be crooked - simple fact - and it would appear that Lord Levy has dropped a bollock and has been found out for it.

That these people think there is an alternative reason for Levy being persued is rather sad. Breaking the law should never be justified away by some self-denying, self-imposed persecution complex. Simple crime is rarely ever someone elses fault.

That the regular press promote this idea of anti semitic persecution about Levy is a disappointing reflection of normal working practises of the UK press. They look for the most inflammitory angle (however unlikely that it is) and then state that as gospel, digging around for the loons (in this case the Jewish Chronical) who will bite at the "injustice" of it all. It can then become a self licking lollypop. You can almost see the hands being rubbed together as the press guarentee themselves another scoop in a weeks time when they unveil the NF nazi who will give some interview about Jews taking over the UK and his actions to stop it, as justification to their original story.

Scandal, after all, sells. Justice - who is interested in that? :roll:

The Times (a paper I thought would have higher editorial standards) on the other thread quoting but one side of the debate on ARRSE about Mercer, is a very convienient case in point.

5. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I actually think I'm going to rephrase the question; 'Is there an anti-semitic bias in the reporting of the Levy 'case?'' As pointed out the law is 'out to get' Levy if he is guilty. I think it may be a fair point that he may be being portrayed by the media in a Chaucerian, Shakespearean, Dickensian stereotype/characterisation; then again it might be fair to say, if guilty, he's not done much to dispel it.

6. Well said.

7. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

I wonder whether Moses can be categorised as an anti-semite? Maybe a self hating Jew (even tho' he was a Levite)? He certainly seemed much harder in judgement on the children of Israel than most others...saving perhaps the NSDAP. Sure I can root out a suitable Talmudic reference if I try. Now I wonder if Levy owns a golden calf, literally or figuratively :plotting:

8. just remember that only white working class people are criminals - ethnic/religious minorities & politicians are totally innocent of everything all the time.

9. Nehustan,

I understand your point. Personally I think that there is an anti-Semitic bias in the Lord Levy case. So the case has an anti-Semitic component. I thought that it is so obvious that the most popular answers to the poll's question would be 'YES' and 'MAYBE'.

10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Well it seems denial/de nile is not just a river in Aegypt. I wonder if Moses had to cross such a river when he came to it ;)

(did I just mix metaphors?...or does a fullstop negate? LOL :headbang: )

11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

I wonder if anyone has checked if there were any phone calls from No 10 DS to the editor of the Jewish Council.

Ring, ring

"Hello, editor of the Jewish Council speaking"

"Hello, this is Unattributable from No 10 DS. Could you please publish a 4 page article about how Lord L is being stalked by the anti semite lobby please? There will be a drink in it for you"

Ed; "Yes, no problem. I will get someone working on it."

Unattributable "No problem, I have written it already; I will fax it to you. Can't use e-mails any more!"

12. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Then of course there is my favourite concept of my political anthropology course, Bourdieu's 'habitus'...

'a system of durable, transposable dispositions, structured structures predisposed towards acting as structuring structures.’

Doesn't even need a form of communication. The axiom states that 'Great minds think alike'. It is likely, in all truth, that the reverse may also be true.

13. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

In addition (and I can't remember who said this) is the saying 'The only thing required for a conspiracy is that two or more people think the same.'

14. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Sergey

Why do you think that?

I have pointed out before that you don't live in this country and don't experience the day to day prejudices that do occur. Your thoughts that the "Yes" and "Maybe" would be the obvious answers speaks volumes on your thoughts on your own nation's character. Please don't tar us with the same brush.

You read our press and that, as I pointed out earlier, is hardly a good start for the opinion you have given on this subject.

Could you justify your answer further?

15. Nobody gives a damn if Levy is Jewish or not.

He is just laying down the groundwork for his defence now that it is clear that he is destined to be scapegoted by Blair and all the vile cronies.