Anti-Islamic Demo In North London

#3
beemer007 said:
Is this a sign of more things to come?

"Skirmishes broke out between police and Muslim youths in North London last night as large crowds gathered to defend a mosque that had been targeted by anti-Islam campaigners".

Full Story
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6831609.ece

Views & Comments please
I think so. While the government pander to a % of muslims* that demand special treatment, despise the UK and hate western values we are heading for conflict. Actually the conflict has started, bombs on the London transport system, the Glasgow airport attack and the demonstations at various locations indicate this.

*I am not saying ALL muslims are like this BTW. But a % of them that is large enougth to make it SEEM that way exists. The moderate muslims (who are probably the majority) are stuck in a hard place.
 
#5
beemer007 said:
Is this a sign of more things to come?
Very possibly. People are hacked off about a number of things going on at the moment and I think we could see considerable social unrest in this country soon.

Thanks Labour!
 
#6
Tut-tut, this is not happening.
It isn't happening on the BBC national news and it isn't happening on Arrse either!
It isn't happening becuase if it did happen Westminster might have to do something about it other than take legal action to get rid of those who speak about it. If it was happening then it might raise awkward questions about why the Labour Party funds the organisations that fuel the violence.
If it was happening somebody might have to actually adress some of the race, immigration and multi-cultural issues that are such a huge problem in the country.

So, on balance, it has been decided it is best if this simply is not happening. A moderator will be along before lunchtime to ensure it continues to not happen! :D
 
#9
jagman said:
...So, on balance, it has been decided it is best if this simply is not happening. A moderator will be along before lunchtime to ensure it continues to not happen! :D
Hardly surprising considering every time we try to discuss the subject it atracts rants. It is dangerous to pretend there is no problem, on that I agree but it needs to be done rationaly.
 
#10
Seems to me that the so-called 'fascists' didn't march, meaning the unrest was all down to the muslims 'defending' the mosque. If the police were attacked they should have clamped down on them-HARD.

Yet despite the English Defence League/Europe against Islam not being there in the end, they are being blamed! A government minister has compared them to Mosleys blackshirts this morning!

No blame attached to the mob of muslims that ATTACKED police officers with no provocation.

Disgusting.
 
#11
StickyEnd said:
jagman said:
...So, on balance, it has been decided it is best if this simply is not happening. A moderator will be along before lunchtime to ensure it continues to not happen! :D
Hardly surprising considering every time we try to discuss the subject it atracts rants. It is dangerous to pretend there is no problem, on that I agree but it needs to be done rationaly.
Oh I agree, but without discussion nothing will ever be achieved.
It is that very refusal to discuss the issues (despite extreme views) on a national scale that has brought us to the point where there is violence in our cities every week.
I know it is not Arrse's responsiblity or remit to solve these problems for the nation but it is quite symbolic of the way the issues are not dealt with on a national level.

Debate and discsussion leads to understanding and compromise. It seems we are destined to achieve non of that. Like it or not, refusal to debate the problem doesn't make the problem go away, not on Arrse and not in the real world.

Never mind, we can pretend it still isn't happening even when we reach the point people start dying on the streets because of it.
 
#12
jagman said:
StickyEnd said:
jagman said:
...So, on balance, it has been decided it is best if this simply is not happening. A moderator will be along before lunchtime to ensure it continues to not happen! :D
Hardly surprising considering every time we try to discuss the subject it atracts rants. It is dangerous to pretend there is no problem, on that I agree but it needs to be done rationaly.
Oh I agree, but without discussion nothing will ever be achieved.
It is that very refusal to discuss the issues (despite extreme views) on a national scale that has brought us to the point where there is violence in our cities every week.
I know it is not Arrse's responsiblity or remit to solve these problems for the nation but it is quite symbolic of the way the issues are not dealt with on a national level.

Debate and discsussion leads to understanding and compromise. It seems we are destined to achieve non of that. Like it or not, refusal to debate the problem doesn't make the problem go away, not on Arrse and not in the real world.

Never mind, we can pretend it still isn't happening even when we reach the point people start dying on the streets because of it.
I agree with you.
 

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
#13
harareboy99 said:
Seems to me that the so-called 'fascists' didn't march, meaning the unrest was all down to the muslims 'defending' the mosque. If the police were attacked they should have clamped down on them-HARD.

Yet despite the English Defence League/Europe against Islam not being there in the end, they are being blamed! A government minister has compared them to Mosleys blackshirts this morning!

No blame attached to the mob of muslims that ATTACKED police officers with no provocation.

Disgusting.
Very similer thing happened in Bradford about 10 years ago when young Asian men rioted because of a rumor that there was to be a BNP march
I assume the BNP just sat back and thought job done because they never appeared and still millions of pounds worh of (improvments) damage was done
 
#14
harareboy99 said:
Yet despite the English Defence League/Europe against Islam not being there in the end, they are being blamed! A government minister has compared them to Mosleys blackshirts this morning!
Thast because the anti-fascists are sponsored by the Labour Party. Quite bizarrely the same Labour Party that is in government and therefor runs the Police....
Even more bizarrely, the government thinks that sponsoring violence on our streets will persuade the public away from the BNP. Its easier than having policies to deal with the issues in the 1st place you see?
The anti-fascist will persist in partaking in violence, the government will persist in blaming the right wingers even if they aren't present, all in the hope of convincing the public that the BNP are the evil ones.

As far as I am concerned the BNP and Co are muppets, they aren't anywhere near as dangerous as the state sponsored hooligans bringing violence to our streets to try and subvert democracy.
Its a bizzare old world
 
#15
Rivers of blood and all that.
 
#16
'in front of riot police, who used kettling tactics to contain a crowd of up to 2,000'

That's what I like to see, the good old fashion British approach to everything.

'Let's all calm down and have a nice cup of tea'

P-T
 
#17
harareboy99 said:
Seems to me that the so-called 'fascists' didn't march, meaning the unrest was all down to the muslims 'defending' the mosque. If the police were attacked they should have clamped down on them-HARD.
Sounds just like the battle of Cable Street, odd how history repeats itself, only last time it was a bunch of socialist rabble rousers.
after a series of running battles between the police and anti-fascist demonstrators the march did not take place and the BUF marchers were dispersed towards Hyde Park instead while the Anti-facists rioted with Police.
wiki- Cable Street
 
#20
To make my position clear from the start, judging someone simply by their colour, race, religion or gender without any other facts on which to base an opinion has always been a stupid, wasteful and dangerous past-time that helps no-one in the end and I am fundamentally opposed to biggotry. However, with regards to this matter, when a specific goup of people of no matter what demographic grouping start to protest in terms / ways that are objectionable to the majority of a country then it is only natural that there will be a backlash.

In this particular case, the Muslim extremists have demonstrated violently and in terms that are deeeply offensive to the majority of the British Public and in particular those in the Armed forces. The state response has been to slap the wrists of a small number of these but the press/ state appears to have left it at that for whatever reason. Some might say that in doing so, they are acknowledging a view that the state is terrified of appearing racist and are becoming (if not already) impotent in this area of governance.

Whatever the reason behind the states apparent inaction the end result is the same. Frustrated citizens feel that they are not being represented/ protected properly by the state, will take matters into their own hands and protest. Initially and historically these protests are usually peaceful but, very quickly are hi-jacked by those who have a more extreme views or agenda's, people looking for a good punch-up no matter what the excuse, or, simply seeking to make a political point out of the protests themselves (in this case - anti-right-wing protesters).

If the state does not take a firm grip of this matter now, it is highly likely that these protests will grow in size and in the trouble they attract to them (deliberately or unwanted). The state needs to recognise that many people in this country see the right to free speach and protest being abused by a small but vociferous minority who have no respect for the rule of British Law and have an openly declared wish to set up a state within a state/ overthrow the current system.

Many of the terrorists that we now face in the world are home grown but who have had training/ direction in hot and sandy places that our forces now fight, die (and train other special forces in :evil: ).

It has been said that for evil to flourish it only requires that good men stand idly by. Sadly, we seem to be sadly lacking in good men in our leadership to show the political bravery to match that of the physical and mental bravery shown every day by those sent to defend us. If nothing is done to address the core issues of this problem it will spiral out of control affecting innocent and law abiding citizens of all faiths and colours who choose to live and take a proud part in this Great Country of ours.

This is not a time for focus groups and pandering to sectors of the electorate. This is a time for firm, brave, decisive political leadership. May the God of Abraham help us all.
 

New Posts

Latest Threads

Top