Anti-British Propaganda - We're All a Bunch Of Right ***** Apparently!

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by cernunnos, Feb 14, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Those dirty filthy Johhny foreignors haven't always seen eye to eye with us. Please use this thread for their side of things.

[​IMG]

....the soapless spineless Vichy republic!

2. Nice sentiments....

[​IMG]

.......Austria WW1.

3. Trans-sane

Trans-sane LE Book Reviewer

From your first map, the Vichy idiots seem to have put Dunkirk in southern Denmark...

• Like Like x 1
  4. l.jpg

You note that the Jock/Taffs/Paddies/others don't get a kicking from God?

5. From those witty chaps in the land of the rising sun.....

[​IMG]

...had them all rolling, sorry woe-ling, on the old tatamis that one..

6. That's because God hates you as well.

7. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rodney2q

8. Makes you wonder quite how Vichy expected to airbrush away about forty years of Entente Cordiale, not least the small matters of valiant Franco-British comradeship in WW1 and the Battle of France....

Lucky for vichy we still wanted to get them back on side, otherwise we may well have hoovered up their entire empire. The old map really would have been pink then (- ok, apart from the bits we later lost to the japs in 1941).

9. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

Courtesy of Robert Calvert:

Sketch: Aircraft Salesman (A door in the foot.)

(Voices in the Background....fair ground callers):
    Roll up roll up...this is the plane you want. Wanna try a fast plane sir....fast plane. Knock the pilot out of the air...three goes one mark...

Voice of Air Defence Minister (Franz Josef Strauss): NEXT!
    Cut to Voice of American Salesman (warm and friendly as a TV ad for cigarettes used to be)
    Salesman: Hi there. We understand you want to buy some airplanes.
    Strauss: That is correct.
    Salesman: Well we make airplanes. Good ones. Fast and reliable. Let me just show you this. Look at this picture. This is the F104. Or the Starfighter as we like to call her. Isn't she beautiful. Yep. She sure is beautiful. Designed by the same man who designed the famous U2.
    Strauss: (dreamingly) The U2....
    Salesman. Yes. It's the finest fair weather fighter on the market. You won't find a better one at the price. Or any price for that matter.
    Strauss: Yes, it's very nice. But we need a plane for bombing, strafing, assault and battery, interception, ground support and reconnaissance. Not just a fair weather fighter!
    Salesman: Well, that's ok. We can make some modifications. It'll cost a little extra, but it's worth it. Just look at the shape of this beauty. Look, I tell you what we'll do. We'l redesign the plane, right? And instead of just calling it the F104, we'll call it the F104G.
    Strauss: G?
    Salesman: Yeah, eh, Herr Minister - G. G for Germany
    Strauss: G. for Germany, eh....
    Salesman: Yeah, ehm, G for Germany, Herr Minister, you know, it'll go well on the plane, we could do a logo around it and it would look very tasty up in the clouds. We could illuminate it a bit - so, that on dark days you would see it twinkling like a star.
    Strauss: G for Germany..? Also G for Gott Strafe England... this I am enjoying. (laughter) G for Germany!!

10. Daily mail leader page from last week?

ScreenHunter_756-Oct_-13-10_51.jpg

11. Bugger, I quite like my VW Passat.

12. And I like my VW Polo - although it was made in South Africa, apparently.

13. You have to admit, though, that the "British Empire Union" did get it 100% correct; so that poster is more public information than propaganda....