Anti army??

minger

Crow
Hi all,

I'm involved in setting up a CCF in a secondary school. I have run into a lot of resistance from staff who seem to think I'm creating a new hitler youth. Have you any advice/counter arguments in favour of the benefit to school kids by participating in the CCF? I'm just curious to hear what others may say in response to such anti military sentiment.

Seriously is the resistance down to them being indoctrinated whining maoist freedom fighters or is it because they fear getting dicked into doing extra mural/curricular, whatever the term is, work for a paltry PTD of something like 50-60 quid and not the NUT rate of much more?

Teachers have seen so many daft initiatives from governments in the last 20 years it's no wonder they are resistant to what looks like another gimmick to them.

And given the funding model (unless its changed*) I can fully understand their lack of enthusiasm and skepticism

*And if it hasnt changed, it won't work and will destroy ALL CCFs. Better that those interested join local ATC/ACF/SCC groups instead

Last edited:

minger

Crow
Hi all,
I'm involved in setting up a CCF in a secondary school. I have run into a lot of resistance from staff who seem to think I'm creating a new hitler youth. Have you any advice/counter arguments in favour of the benefit to school kids by participating in the CCF? I'm just curious to hear what others may say in response to such anti military sentiment.

@minger's in the cadets.
He/she is involved in setting up a CCF unit. We don't know if he/she's a cadet, a teacher , an outsider, or what. Not sure what your comment is supposed to mean? Or do you know him/her?

I hope it works out, CCF's where I got my first taste of uniforms, weapons and bullshit, and I loved it.

This is just the wrong place to expect only serious answers.

JoeCivvie

ADC
RIP
If the OP can't work out the correct forum to post his question then I'd be doubtful of him setting anything up, let alone a CCF unit in the face of Guardian readers and UAF supporters (i.e. 'teachers').

Can the mods move this to the ACF forum?

I fear all the arrse-holes who call all CFAVs nonces might miss this one....

Produce a short but informative powerpoint presentation highlighting the differences between your organisation and the Hitler Youth, be sure to mention how you'll teach the kids proper discipline reducing the hassle of day to day teaching, life saving first aide skills, encase of a premature teen pregnancy and valuable life skills such as cutting down trees with the broken fragments of a compass, in the event they get lost coming home from school.

If you fail to win over the staff try bribery, not necessarily with money but perhaps some authentic CCF swag, like a Fairbairn–Sykes fighting knife, this should persuade them that your group isn't all about the violence.

If you have any uniform necessities, I have former friends of the NVA would be willing to supply your Zug with their surplus leather footwear and uniforms.

Last edited:
Better forum :D

What's your angle? Are you ex-Mil? CCF from somewhere else? Do you know what CCF can offer kids?

I would suggest that is your primary objective - being able to tell the staff what the CCF can offer. Self discipline, personal pride, team work, etc. It's not all about guns and killing people.

Not yet...

What have the reluctant staff said?

Have any staff been supportive?

However, both groups may have serious misconceptions about what a CCF is or what it can do. Explanation might win over the first group and disabuse the latter group of any misunderstandings. Which will hopefully result in both camps supporting you, or at least one camp not trying to undermine you.

It's actually pretty difficult to to explain to people, parents and teachers what the cadet forces give young people that schools cannot, don't or won't.

Contact Brigade and ask for PRO advice and help if necessary.

Last edited:
Try to find examples of CCF's that aren't in public schools. There are quite a few, and they may help to allay staff problems - remember that a lot of staff are, shall we say, to the left politically and don't quite get the concept of the CCF. By showing them that there are CCF's in state funded schools, you may be able to bring them (slowly) around. Although the nature of my old school has changed since I was there, the CCF is still very well supported by staff and parents.

Combined Cadet Force

This is the school's bit on the CCF, and you might get some ideas from the narrative in there.

BTW, the Major in the banner pics was my geography teacher. Smashing bloke.

Nitroxpuppy

War Hero
Say what you like about the HY, kids is nazi Germany didn't hang around on street corners robbing and mugging ergo was it such a bad thing

2/51

LE
We are trying to bring in a few more cadets from two country schools. The CO wrote to both schools, explaining the organization, what it offers kids and how they can gain qualifications that can count towards Uni places etc.

Neither school replied. One school has been negative for many years and actively discouraged existing cadets. However, both schools allowed the ATC to set up a stall several weeks back, in the schools themselves.

The camo uniform does put schools off, whilst the Air Cadets in there smart "blues" seem to be welcomed. Many moons ago, if we (CCF) were ever involved with a local community group, we went in Barrack Dress rather than DPM. It makes a very big difference.

I would rather see cadets adopt a "Barrack Style" working uniform than continue with MTP, more in line with other youth organizations, and save the MTP for the field.

Say what you like about the HY, kids is nazi Germany didn't hang around on street corners robbing and mugging ergo was it such a bad thing
Smashing shop windows and arson was rife though.

Well, not unless they happened to come across someone of the Jewish persuasion.

Canvass the support of the parents ?
Where are the headmaster and the board of governors in all this , in favour or against ?
Vis a vis the "guns" argument , surely better the kids learn the benefits of safe handling of weapons
and the potential dangers from trained instructors , rather than from some gansta in da neighbourhood or the shit films that come out these days .
Guns are no different to chainsaws .Very dangerous in untrained hands .

dwills

War Hero
Hi all,

Ask them what they object to, what bit, is it....... then list the advantages.... see what they comeback with. They might just be lefties who are leftsheeple, you have no chance to change them, they are damaged and will need a lot of therapy to become normal....

lert

LE
Just wait until they see your first torchlit rally, er, parade as your blue eyed, flaxen haired youth pledge their honour and loyalty to the leader. Why once they see the effect your young stromtroopers have on the untermensch and other undesirables in the lower fifth they’re bound to come around. And if not? Well then you’ve already got a network in place to denounce any anti-Party elements in the teachers common room.

JoeCivvie

ADC
RIP
Remind them how handy you'll be if they need to fight Canadians and Americans in the Bocage.

Latest Threads