Anti-Armour rockets, LAW etc.

winnfield said:
So in ascending order:

LASM - improved M72 LAW (66mm single shot, unguided rocket)
It's a different version of the M72 rather than improved.

An Anti Armour M72 is still available.

Gaz,

I think my signature applies to you.

dingerr said:
winnfield said:
So in ascending order:

LASM - improved M72 LAW (66mm single shot, unguided rocket)
It's a different version of the M72 rather than improved.

An Anti Armour M72 is still available.

Gaz,

I think my signature applies to you.
It might have done if I gave even a small toss about what you think.

No No, please enlighten us with your authoritative stance on Ammunition Management Systems. I would particularly like to know if NLAW is going to be released for training and will I have to allocate one of the Range ATs to SOAPAT it?

This will save me having to trouble the IPT Munitions Managers, who must surely be on the Golf course with you deputizing for them.

Nope, the term is enhanced blast, the term thermobaric is a bit of a geneva convention hot potato right now, so we just don't use it

Grey24-7 said:
Nope, the term is enhanced blast, the term thermobaric is a bit of a geneva convention hot potato right now, so we just don't use it
My understanding is that it's an improved HE warhead (hesh-like). Thermobaric I think refers specifically to a fuel-air explosive ~ an incendiary weapon (controversial).

dingerr said:
No No, please enlighten us with your authoritative stance on Ammunition Management Systems. I would particularly like to know if NLAW is going to be released for training and will I have to allocate one of the Range ATs to SOAPAT it?

This will save me having to trouble the IPT Munitions Managers, who must surely be on the Golf course with you deputizing for them.
Where was I discussing Ammunition Management Systems? I didn't mention anything like that. Are you fcuking stupid? In what context are you reading my posts?

As I mentioned before, my job is to use these systems and train people in the use of them, not tug one off over the nuts and bolts and the stat sheets, so your petty cock-swinging is pretty pointless. I posted what I know, and I don't pretend to know anything more. I haven't claimed to have your knowledge as an Ammo Technician. Must be a bitch stacking shelves with ammo.

So wind it in a bit, and realise no one actually cares whether you think they're right or wrong. Good to know I got your back up though, for some unknown reason... ;)

Mr Happy

LE
French Army redraws MPM programme
Competitive bids were due to be submitted by MBDA and Nexter (teamed with TDA) on 30 June for a low-cost semi-active laser (SAL) guidance solution for the French Army's emerging MPM (munition à précision métrique) metric precision munitions requirement. The chosen contractor will need to demonstrate a common SAL guidance module, potentially suitable for application to a range of munitions, including 155 mm artillery projectiles, 120 mm rifled mortar bombs, 120 mm tank guns and 68 mm air-ground rockets – the objective being to produce a guided munition costing no more than 25 per cent of the price of an equivalent missile
Whilst I am not sure what a 68mm ATG is, insert “Charlie G” or similar in and you’d be cooking on gas for us… Non?