Anthrax vaccine

Discussion in 'Iraq (Op TELIC)' started by har1y01, Sep 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone contracted type 1 diabetes since receiving the Anthrax vaccine in 2003?
    I will never prove it but I have just contracted the condition out of the blue. I have no history of diabetes in my family and I am young, fit and healthy (apart from having diabetes). I am not after compensation because I will never prove it, however, I am just curious whether anyone else is in the same boat.........

2. I had the vaccine and have not got diabetes of any type.

3. Diabetes is better than anthrax.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Nope, no diabetes here! Type 1 is as I understand it, mainly inherited, hence it's appearance in youth, but it can be triggered by certain antigens, ie by your own immune system kicking off.

5. No diabetes, but it did make me really unwell for a few days. I could hardly move.

Not really relevant, but I thought I'd throw it into the mix just for the hell of it.

6. I suffered no ill effects after the vaccine because I'm not a clerk.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It's not your fault you weren't clever enough. There's no shame in being a thicky!

• Like Like x 1
  8. I was clever enough not to let a surgeon remove my cock & balls.

9. Not even from your forehead?

10. The second bottles of wine are kicking in now.........

11. Probably because the surgeon couldn't find them without a powerful magnifying glass, and then he couldn't see through the tears of laughter.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhah.

Freak.

13. Well, that was original!

14. Not as original as having your genitalia removed in order to be a "straight" homo.