Anthony Loyds Latest Report from Pakistans Tribal areas

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by lopex123, Feb 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Think this guy is the best war correspondent going. Better than even Mr Yon.
    Recently read both his books "My war and I miss it so" and "Another bloody love letter". Complete nutter. Does his own thing, no inbeds for this guy.

link

Not may if any reporters have given an incite into the ongoing conflict inside the Pakistan tribal areas. Very interesting reading.

I recommend the books too. Especially if you were in Bosnia.

2. Hello Anthony,

Your reporting from Bosnia was cr@p. As a personal experience, you book was a passable effort in self-indulgence and showed you up as a war tourist. Or maybe you were just too high to realise what you were doing. As 'news', your dispatches to The Telegraph were nothing more than disinformation through ignorance.

3. Its not me. Any thanks for the advise. I will always look to you in future on what I should enjoy in my life.

Hope it made you feel better.

4. Not at all.

Some people love reading Harry Potter. Gives them all manner of enjoyment. But it's hardly reality, is it?

If people like reading the memoirs of war tourists, then your books are a reasonable read; real life and (drug-induced) fantasy can be a potent mix. If people are searching for objective historical details to understand the nature and essence of vicious civil wars, your books and dispatches are unhelpful and disingenuous.