Antenna length calulations..

I seem to have misplaced my notes on antenna length caclulations and resistances of the various mediums - I guess one of you will have them to hand.. As a lowly stab signaller type I have my first ex coming up so it would be handy.

O yea I forgot o2 sucks down there, it was quite good in Germany tho, not that i would 'ever' do that you understand, being a HF GOD n all!!! Hmmm thats strange my phones ringing...

"No I told you to put a dipole up you stupid tnuc!"

Sorry about that where was I?

WhiteHorse said:
FFS, you should know these by heart. HF is a black art anyway, just quote sunspot activity to the gaysex cell and wing it with a Nokia
Leave him alone, he's in a Ptarmigan unit. He's probably hiding at the mo from his local YofS who's bombarded him with Pams or he could be bashing one off over them ....... :? .

polar said:
WhiteHorse said:
FFS, you should know these by heart. HF is a black art anyway, just quote sunspot activity to the gaysex cell and wing it with a Nokia
Leave him alone, he's in a Ptarmigan unit. He's probably hiding at the mo from his local YofS who's bombarded him with Pams or he could be bashing one off over them ....... :? .
Or could he be a Yeoman bluffing as per????

Hmm well my 10 metre whip is a genius idea and everyone knows HF doesn't work at night so theres no point in putting any of those big silly antennas up just to do heights & gains and all that nonsense when its cold and wet out...

Dammit just use the mobile, or SCRA(T) or Ptarmigan or if you've ever been on a 1 Div exercise you can actually run a piece of string to the distant station with a paper cup attatched to each end so long as you don't go through the RRB (VHF).

Right im bored of this now better get back to crammer revision (I hope they like my 10 metre whip idea in blandford)

Bauer

I got a sheet off an old yeoman with all the freqs and the correct antenna lengths on, don't even need a calculator anymore. (Well if I actually did comms anymore)

Female YOS.... wtf !

I suppose it had to happen sometime or other... thank fcuk I am now three belt notches bigger and could not be paid enough to go back into the corps...

68.6 and 70.3 seem to ring a bell from a distant past..

Common fellas you know that a magic 8 sloping is always the way ahead.
And i have to admit you lot havent taken up on the orange means shout over the nets that are becoming more and more common lol.
As for stabs got to say that i know of a ta L/cpl who once told me she could tune a 321 without a surf or a turf.