Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ant Middleton forced to resign from chief cadet role over BLM tweet

Non UK tax payer,
Incorrect. I believe that despite not living in the UK he's still in the top 5000 of UK tax payers.

He may well be a conceited loudmouth, but he does pay a significant amount of tax. Good driver, though.

Last edited:
I like to think they’d ditch a figurehead who felt the need to call anyone ‘scum’.
To criticise, first you must find a definition of what is actually meant by 'scum' ? once you have a definition, are you seriously suggesting that none of the BLM supporters would meet that criteria.

Possible scum definitions:-
1. Criminal elements - so far only in america, as our criminals have largely steered away from protest.
2. Revolutionaries - I would say at least some, if not most of the inner group would qualify.

Most of us with an objective mind can see what he meant and his only failing was not to provide a definition and the throughly modern 21st century woke path is to look for loose language and carp like a wounded malingerer at the back of a squad run.

Awol

LE
To criticise, first you must find a definition of what is actually meant by 'scum' ? once you have a definition, are you seriously suggesting that none of the BLM supporters would meet that criteria.

1. Criminal elements - so far only in america, as our criminals have largely steered away from protest.
2. Revolutionaries - I would say at least some, if not most of the inner group would qualify.

Most of us with an objective mind can see what he meant and his only failing was not to provide a definition and the throughly modern 21st century woke path is to look for loose language and carp like a wounded malingerer at the back of a squad run.
Besides which, if he had left it at “EDL are scum” there’d have been much joyous slapping of his back by the spineless.

As it was, he had the audacity to point out that black people are sometimes racist, violent thugs.

When one dares to step away from religious Wokeness, no nuances are allowed, no mitigation is allowed, and people are now starting to get the message..... BAME are now pretty much above criticism and in some much publicised cases, clearly above the law.

Last edited:
From what I can gather from a mate who was 9 Para Sqn RE, Mr Middleton is detested by them. The vitriol and sheer venom directed at him by my mate was unreal.

That bad....was that also when he was in as well? If I recall, Andy McNabb took some flack becoming bestseller with Bravo 2 Zero. Laughingly when on ex in Stanta many moons ago that was the callsign of our CP Landrover...

TBh BLM at mo is in society's (twisted) view the be all and end all and to suggest they are anything but saints is a carnal sin. He told the truth and gets burned....

Cheers

Besides which, if he had left it at “EDL are scum” there’d have been much joyous slapping of his back by the spineless.

As it was, he had the audacity to point out that black people are sometimes racist, violent, thugs.

When one dares to step away from religious Wokeness, no nuances are allowed, no mitigation is allowed, and people are now starting to get the message..... BAME are now pretty much above criticism and in some much publicised cases, clearly above the law.
What your referring to, is the media rushing to the defence of slipshod language, from a person or organisation it is fond of.. Absolutely, if middleton had labelled the EDL, or football lads alliance, or even brexit voters, then somebody important on twitter and/or the guardian, would have offered heavy support and he would probably have had to apologise, without losing the job.

Step away from the accepted narrative and its no apology will suffice and no mercy for the ideological impure.

I was thinking along the lines that having role models who can articulate their opinions as well as you have would be prefereable to those who drop a quick 'scum' tweet. Maybe I'm expecting too much.

It's not as if he said 'In my capacity as Colonel General Conductor of Artificers (Mounted Youth Div), it is my considered opinion that all negroes should hang!' is it? He expressed an opinion, which seems today is worse than getting your cock out during the school run. His retort should've been 'I'm very, very sorry. I didn't realise I was living in North fucking Korea! Here's my tapes!'

Ant doesn't seem to realise that if you want to be a media luvvie then you have to be a two faced scumbag who would agree or say or do anything to stay in a positive limelight , speaking the truth will get you nowhere/sacked.

Perhaps the sea cadets should get this feller 'on board' then. Actually, if you put him in a green lid and squint a bit...

Rylan_Clark-Neal.jpg

happyuk

War Hero

Awol

LE
I’m instinctively wary of people called Ant.

Nobody was called it 15 years ago. At some point quite recently they’ve decided that Anthony or Tony isn’t down with the kids enough and have reinvented themselves.

In other words, they are probably shallow and self-absorbed.

Of course, it could just be Blair’s fault. I too would have distanced myself in anyway possible if I had been a Tony.