Ant Middleton forced to resign from chief cadet role over BLM tweet

He's a scary looking feller for sure... and I agree with him.

20200810_191914.jpg

You admit to reading his book? Hmm.....I hope you didn't buy it?
No I didn't actually. I bought Jason Fox's book to take on my hols to Greece last year, and Middleton's book was on the book swap shelf by the bar. I swapped his for Fox's and put it back when I had finished it.

The bio stuff was quite interesting, but the little soundbites at each chapter about being your best and pushing yourself, were frankly quite vomit inducing

From what I can gather from a mate who was 9 Para Sqn RE, Mr Middleton is detested by them. The vitriol and sheer venom directed at him by my mate was unreal.
He acknowledges he fell out with them for several reasons and PVR'd because he was disillusioned with the whole Airborne life. He said he was different and they singled him out for it. From a few AB buddies I have, I have no reason to disbelieve him. Fit in, or fuck off type thing.

The worst beasting on my P Company was from a 9 Squadron Instructor - he had a bad reputation among the students.

Would that be because he has made a lot of money on the back of his service in the SBS?
No, because the bloke was an LE, and for him Middleton was a done nothing sprog who barely sewn on his wings before getting out...

No, because the bloke was an LE, and for him Middleton was a done nothing sprog who barely sewn on his wings before getting out...
It's interesting when you read all the usual SAS: Who dares Wins bio's.

Jason Fox's PTSD was nurtured during a decade of unrelenting high tempo ops in Sandy places.

Middleton's makes little reference to overseas tours and doesn't give many details for whatever reason

Matthew 'Ollie' Ollerton's book is a good read and he makes no secret of doing a huge amount of training but very little in the way of action. He saw more 'action' as a PMC in Iraq.

Mark Billingham's book is yet to be released, but I expect will be a good read

It's interesting when you read all the usual SAS: Who dares Wins bio's.

Jason Fox's PTSD was nurtured during a decade of unrelenting high tempo ops in Sandy places.

Middleton's makes little reference to overseas tours and doesn't give many details for whatever reason

Matthew 'Ollie' Ollerton's book is a good read and he makes no secret of doing a huge amount of training but very little in the way of action. He saw more 'action' as a PMC in Iraq.

Mark Billingham's book is yet to be released, but I expect will be a good read
And then you wonder what someone like Dominic Troulan did...

Ask Mr. Middleton about PEDs and disciplinary action.........there's a shakey story there somewhere, if you search hard enough.

Lewis Hamilton sees himself as being the one?
Non UK tax payer, earns loads, works for the germans, sponsors have issues, so the ideal person, allegedly?
A nice idea but that wouldn't be possible- Hamilton has disapeared so far up his own arse that he wouldn't be able to stand on parade dishing out 'best endeavour' medals, or any task related to the post.

His book has been out since 31 October 2019 in hardback, and has just been released in paperback. Do keep up old chap.
Thanks for the info. I'll only take a peak when it's sat all thumbed-through on the charity shop book shelves,

A quick read of the Amazon reviews shows it's a disappointing read for the Hereford groupies. I think they were expecting more blood & gore, and Regiment details to get all moist/tumescent over

Latest Threads