Ant Middleton forced to resign from chief cadet role over BLM tweet

Can't quite remember his name.

I think the show trial of his alleged executioner is still ongoing.
George Floyd?

He was a criminal, but I'd not seen anywhere that he was an active gang member.

TamH70

MIA
George Floyd?

He was a criminal, but I'd not seen anywhere that he was an active gang member.

He bought his drugs from gangsters. Lie down with dogs, get their fleas. And if he wasn't an active gang member at the time of his arrest and death, he may have been when he was a kid.

I personally think C4 now have an opportunity to show the world how the Royal Airforce Operates
Now look before you start mocking here me out.
Anyone can parachute behind enemy lines hide for a couple of weeks and come home.

Few can select an operating base in a different country with 5 star hotels and all the facilities thrown in.
Cast your mind back 30 years ago

"Gent's this Sqn will shortly deploy in the defence of Saudi Arabia and the possible liberation of Kuwait."
"We need to find somewhere to conduct war fighting operations."

60 minutes later

Right Boss I've got it - Bahrain
Ok Why?
Airfield - check
6 star hotels - check
7 Restaurants per hotels - we make the best officers only - check
3 Air conditioned GYMS - check
3 Swimming pools and a water park - officers only - check
No actual threat to us from either the enemy or the Army - Check.

Ok make it happen

You don't think we may be trying to go a fridge to far on this one?

Nah lets go - by the way see if there is any go carting for days off I'll tell the MoD we can't fly every day it's tiring.

Now you get some ex SF guy to teach a civvie to arrange that level of planning you've got a t.v show
Bill Slim was famously opposed to "special forces" and what he termed as "private armies" he saw the advantages to be gained from a small well targeted special force but thought that generally the best soldiers should stay where the heavy lifting happened....in the Infantry battalions. I think he was right., when everybody is elite nobody is.

He bought his drugs from gangsters. Lie down with dogs, get their fleas. And if he wasn't an active gang member at the time of his arrest and death, he may have been when he was a kid.
So he wasn't, in fact, a known gangster.

A criminal, but not a gangster.

TamH70

MIA
So he wasn't, in fact, a known gangster.

A criminal, but not a gangster.

Personally, in his case, I don't see the difference.

“He may have been”. Hahaha.

On the balance of probabilities?

RTU'd

War Hero
Some northerner who threw teddy out the pram when he was driving badly & someone pulled him up for it.
Told the other person he was the legendry Ronnie Pickering as if to scare him like dropping the names Ronnie & Reggie in the 1960's in the East End of London. RonnieP famous in his back garden & his frail mind. You Tube mocked him as a twat.

Personally, in his case, I don't see the difference.
Well, a gangster is a current member of a gang.

For people who don't fall into this category [like George Floyd] we have a number of other descriptors available.