Ant Middleton forced to resign from chief cadet role over BLM tweet

People accusing people of being racist without said party actually being racist is pretty boring too.

Just have the balls to say that we can't ever criticise the beloved desecrators of the cenotaph BLM and everyone will be much happier, instead of threatening bans for non-existent racism.

Since when do we GAF what the Guardian thinks?
Well said but...

Ban hammer in 5...4...3...

Probably since news outlets became aware of the site, and would pick up on anything that interested them - possibly getting the owners in trouble.

Ant Middleton is not my cup of tea and tends to drop himself in it with his twitter posts. He must have realised that he was working for a left wing, woke, pseudo BBC TV channel. However I think Channel 4 may have shot themselves in the foot ala Clarkson and Top Gear. They just got rid of two of the presenters recently as the producer thought the instructors were too white, male, and hetro and wants to make it more diverse. That leaves just two DS left, Billy and Foxy. If they decide to go the show is finished.

It is one of the most popular shows on Channel 4 and each of the DS has a celebrity style fan following, including Ant. They have all written best selling books, Middelton's last book was at the top of the best selling list. He apparently earned two million pounds last year.

There is nothing to stop the DS putting on exactly the same type of show for another channel such as Discovery or Skye. Unlike the BBC and Top Gear, Channel 4 do not have a copyright or trademark to the name SAS - Who Dares Wins or to the concept of civilians carrying out a special forces type selection, The BBC first started it in 2002 with Dermont O'Leary and there have been many format's with different producers since.

With an established fan base expect to see Ant Middelton and the other DS appear as presenters on various shows on Discovery. Foxy has already worked for Discovery. Channel 4 will go on doing what it does best, putting on woke, unfunny politically correct programmes subsidised by the taxpayer. I don't think the producers and management board were entirely happy about the high ratings and success of the show with it being about elite military, with all white DS and about a selection process which was only about merit.

It was the same thing about the BBC. They were extremely unhappy that a programme about three un PC middle aged, middle class white males was such a run-away worldwide success and were gunning for Clarkson. But didn't expect the producer and the rest of the cast to de-camp and produce another version of the show elsewhere for far more money. The BBC thought that a more PC version of the show would be just as popular but were shocked when it flopped. They couldn't accept that the Clarkson version was popular precisely because it was so un PC.

I have often wondered if the BBC were shocked that Gene Hunt was so popular in 'Life on Mars' and from 'Ashes to Ashes' and they originally meant for that character to show how terrible the police were in those days and didn't expect it to backfire on them.

Last edited:

The_Duke

LE
People accusing people of being racist without said party actually being racist is pretty boring too.

Just have the balls to say that we can't ever criticise the beloved desecrators of the cenotaph BLM and everyone will be much happier, instead of threatening bans for non-existent racism.

Same as every other time.

COs site, their rules. If you don't like them, feel free to set up your own site with your name on the paperwork. If you (generic) want to stay on this site, you follow their rules.

SmilingKnight

Old-Salt
Same as every other time.

COs site, their rules. If you don't like them, feel free to set up your own site with your name on the paperwork. If you (generic) want to stay on this site, you follow their rules.

Fully understood

So no criticism of BLM allowed.
But accusing others of racism, with nothing to back it up, okay.

As long as we know where we stand

Fully understood

I'm racist as **** I am.
A fully paid up member of the KKK as well.

Which has come as a shock to my Black, Asian and Chinese origin friends and colleagues.

The_Duke

LE
Fully understood

Feel free to criticise them, but without deeming them all scum who should be shot. Explain what you disagree with about BLM. What you think they should do differently.

Go on - use all your best words.

I'm racist as **** I am.
A fully paid up member of the KKK as well.

Which has come as a shock to my Black, Asian and Chinese origin friends and colleagues.
Ah, the standard defence of the inveterate racist; some of my best friends are black etc ;)

The_Duke

LE
Actually, they are. My best mate who I trust implicitly is Gay.
Welcome to the 21st century. It's a diverse place out there.
Here’s the bit that people seem to struggle with - that could be true or a pile of BS. We, and anyone reading the site, has no way of knowing.

If what you post appears racist, that is the only thing people can see for certain. It is also what can be taken, selectively quoted or complained about.

Here’s the bit that people seem to struggle with - that could be true or a pile of BS. We, and anyone reading the site, has no way of knowing.

If what you post appears racist, that is the only thing people can see for certain. It is also what can be taken, selectively quoted or complained about.
The press will always selectively misquote what they like. Its what they do.

The_Duke

LE
The press will always selectively misquote what they like. Its what they do.
Absolutely. But they wouldn’t even have to misquote some of the posts on here. They aren’t “edgy” or “black humour” or anything similar - they are unacceptably racist, and tend to spiral downwards as the Epsilons try to out-do each other.