Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ant Middleton forced to resign from chief cadet role over BLM tweet

Mufulira42

Old-Salt
Is there a list of people who wrecked their career's on twitter / facebook?

It should probably be shown and taught to school kids as a warning
IIRC in civvie street we had a spectacular, self- obsessed twat with a whole series of Alphabet after his name and had the ear of the Mr. High and Mighty and advised him that anyone who had not reached a significant management position by age 35 --they should be sent to the outposts forthwith as by that age their brains had 'cemented' and were now incapable of any meaningful thought of value to the outfit! Well ain't life a bitch as his birthday rolled around he was summarily dismissed to go and tout his theories somewhere else.... This was Karma

Oh dear.

I thought it was the short arrsed Geordie from I'm a Celebrity and X Factor whose mate binned his munt-ugly Mrs for a younger, better looking version.

I was disappointed to learn it wasn't him

So BLM are all scum who should be shot?

Account will disappear in 5...4...3...

Or you can self moderate. Your choice.
Splitter!

It is boring continually cleaning up after the "I'm not racist but (insert racist comment here)" morons.
Just let them be morons, they'll be morons whether you clean their moronic rants up or not.

I'd not class him as a particularly great representative for the British Military let alone our Tier 1 SF that apparently leads the world.

Then again, I doubt he gives a flyer what I think.

Last edited:

ches

LE
Did you read the story above? It seems it was a misunderstanding and his comments were misconstrued.

Yep read it & also when he first put his foot in his mouth & then got on his reverso-cycle. He's a pillock & has a sense of his own superbness way above his actual achievements. Thing is, aside from some whisperings about how his service ended, he's done well for himself. But FFS keep your gob shut & just crack on. He's a mong & becoming a parody of what he was.

It is boring continually cleaning up after the "I'm not racist but (insert racist comment here)" morons.
I was putting the ENTIRE BLM movement into the comment, regardless of their colour or Racial background. It's a political movement at the end of the day loosely linked to Anti Racism causes that uses perceived racism as a means to an end.
I couldn't care less what colour they are, they are fecking idiots the lot of them.

The_Duke

LE
I was putting the ENTIRE BLM movement into the comment, regardless of their colour or Racial background. It's a political movement at the end of the day loosely linked to Anti Racism causes that uses perceived racism as a means to an end.
I couldn't care less what colour they are, they are fecking idiots the lot of them.
Of course, and your intention will carry across clearly into social media, the Guardian etc.

It is a difficult ask, but try to think before you post.

My missus is always nagging me to go to gigs, Ben f--king Fogle talks or w-nky musicals I have no interest in, so when she piped up about one of his shows I figured it might get me off the hook for a while, so I agreed to go (as long as she paid).

This was at the De Montford in Leicester, which seats a fair few thousand and was pretty much rammed with meat head 'roid addicts, nervous looking teenagers and gentile season ticket holders nursing their sherry schooners.

The best word I can find to describe it is 'excruciating'.

It was 5 minutes of back-of-a-beermat 'mindspeak' crammed into 2.5hrs.

At least an hour of it was clips from his TV shows and the hypocrisy was spectacular.

One section was about listening to, and using the expertise of the people around us to succeed as a team.

The next sequence was about him nearly dying on Everest, where the irony was lost on him that it was because he twice ignored the advice of the experts around him.

But he's "ex-spechal forwsez" and nobody knows him like he knows himself, so they don't know what he knows he is capable of (i.e. nearly getting himself killed being a knob).

The last 10 minutes was him showing his 'word armoury' that he mentally opens every day, and selects the ones he knows will help him. At this point a few more balanced people got up and started to leave early.

The missus and I still use the armoury thing as a running joke 2 years later.

The disturbing thing is that I didn't get the sense he was struggling to keep a straight face as he pedalled his utter nonsense, but that he completely believed in it himself. 100% watertight self regard.

Did you and her 'stack' in the aisle before 'flowing' through the exit whilst 'slicing the pie' on your way into the foyer?

:rolleyes:

Thou shalt NOT hold an opinion.
Precisely.
Arrse is getting to be very "Woke" lately.
Freedom of speech.
Everything is becoming very risk averse, freedom of speech is being stifled by the professionally offended groups who don't want their idealogies challenged.

To be fair to The Duke though, I did get a pm from him.

Precisely.
Freedom of speech.
Everything is becoming very risk averse, freedom of speech is being stifled by the professionally offended groups who don't want their idealogies challenged.

"Freedom of speech" is nothing to do with private companies restricting what you can / cannot say on their platform.

Precisely.
Freedom of speech.
Everything is becoming very risk averse, freedom of speech is being stifled by the professionally offended groups who don't want their ideologies challenged.

Once our new Chinese masters take over, we wont have to worry about any of this old freedom of expression cods.. ;)

Latest Threads