Ant Middleton forced to resign from chief cadet role over BLM tweet

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I assume we get to watch him drop the mike.

Dr Death

War Hero
Here he is going semi commando.
1597058142109.png

Live by the media die by the media, who was he again?

Ex Shakey boat Middleton has been forced to step down from his role with the Royal Navy's Cadets after referring to BLM protestors as 'scum' in a tweet about Black Lives Matter protesters.

In case any one has been living under a rock Middleton served for four years with SBS.
Prior to Poole he was 7RHA and 42 Cdo.

Link - Ant Middleton is forced to QUIT Royal Navy role after BLM 'scum' tweet
If he had referred to conservative party supporters, or Trumps as scum, would he, have had to step down ?

In case any one has been living under a rock Middleton served for four years with SBS.
Prior to Poole he was 7RHA and 42 Cdo.
Royal Engineers, not RHA I believe. And 40 Cdo according to Wiki.

Royal Engineers, not RHA I believe. And 40 Cdo according to Wiki.
He was 9 (Para) Sqn RE. It wasn't exactly what he joined for once he was there (From his book)

rehab44

Old-Salt
I thought semi-commando was an elegant pantsuit and a nice pair of pumps. As opposed to full commando, which is a fetching LBD and six-inch heels.
You fashionistas are at the top of your game

Dr Death

War Hero
So who's the likely BAME candidate for the job?
Lewis Hamilton sees himself as being the one?
Non UK tax payer, earns loads, works for the germans, sponsors have issues, so the ideal person, allegedly?

mad_collie

Old-Salt
He was 9 (Para) Sqn RE. It wasn't exactly what he joined for once he was there (From his book)
From what I can gather from a mate who was 9 Para Sqn RE, Mr Middleton is detested by them. The vitriol and sheer venom directed at him by my mate was unreal.

DarrenC

Swinger
From what I can gather from a mate who was 9 Para Sqn RE, Mr Middleton is detested by them. The vitriol and sheer venom directed at him by my mate was unreal.
I get the impression that a lot of these lads who pimp themselves out to the media turn out to be unpopular with their former units

Judging from comments I have seen from a couple of guys still in, he is not highly thought of, not by them anyway.

Also, he must have had an ounce of common sense at one point in his life. What the hell is he doing spewing his opinion on twitter? How did he think that was going to end up?
Celebs have had their careers torched for quite a few years now due to social media comments that they should probably have thought about before hitting send.
It amazes me that these people still spout their personal views & beliefs into the public knee jerk arena.

Latest Threads