Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ant Middleton a victim of bullying.

One of the lads who was lost in the Sea King Crash in the Falklands in 1982 passed selection while he was an RCT driver attached, in the MT Troop in Hereford.

There's a book due out soon - 'Sea King Down' ( The extraordinary True Story Of A Sabre Squadron at War) by Mark 'Splash' Aston and Stuart Tootal. Mark survived three helicopter crashes on 'Op Corporate' as I recall.
Co-incidentally one of the RCT drivers on a tour, where I served with Mark, went on to selection and had an outstanding career with the Regt - rising to SSM and eventual commissioning.

"Never judge a book by its cover" words said to me by my new boss on joining the Sqn. Wise words indeed. I went on to serve with some brilliant blokes and excellent soldiers. Some were from various Corps, including RAOC - even RAF Reg!! And on the other hand I meet some right wankers, some of whom were infantry and even Paras. It takes all sorts I suppose.

Edited to add, oh, its the NAAFI! - Wankers the lot of them etc, ad infinitum... ...:)

"Never judge a book by its cover" words said to me by my new boss on joining the Sqn. Wise words indeed. I went on to serve with some brilliant blokes and excellent soldiers. Some were from various Corps, including RAOC - even RAF Reg!! And on the other hand I meet some right *******, some of whom were infantry and even Paras. It takes all sorts I suppose.

Edited to add, oh, its the NAAFI! - ******* the lot of them etc, ad infinitum... ...:)

This - in absolute spades.

There's a book due out soon - 'Sea King Down' ( The extraordinary True Story Of A Sabre Squadron at War) by Mark 'Splash' Aston and Stuart Tootal. Mark survived three helicopter crashes on 'Op Corporate' as I recall.
Co-incidentally one of the RCT drivers on a tour, where I served with Mark, went on to selection and had an outstanding career with the Regt - rising to SSM and eventual commissioning.

The story goes that thereafter, every time Splash approached a helo, everybody used to make a show of getting off . . .

Yet he served in the SF. I’m pretty sure they don’t suffer fools gladly.

From what I’ve seen of 9 Sqn they are a bunch of posing work shy tossers.

I knew a couple of 9 Sqn lads who loved their time there.

By all accounts, the Sqn lines closely resembled a fcuking lunatic asylum, where surviving a weekend was touch and go.

Absolutely barking mad to a man.

Two month ban

2 Months?..Impressive..

I've a lifetime ban from one thread.. something about drink?.

I was smited good by some white knighting MOD for unknowingly writing about my favourite Whisky - to an ex Alkie. ...like i fecking knew ? ....... or GAF

I knew a couple of 9 Sqn lads who loved their time there.

By all accounts, the Sqn lines closely resembled a fcuking lunatic asylum, where surviving a weekend was touch and go.

Absolutely barking mad to a man.
Running around the lines naked apart from S10 respirators, pissed and armed with BB guns. Shooting anything that moved, one more mental lad had black nastied a bayonet to his airsoft MP5 for close quarter fighting.

This was apparently a "Normal" weekend.

Running around the lines naked apart from S10 respirators, pissed and armed with BB guns. Shooting anything that moved, one more mental lad had black nastied a bayonet to his airsoft MP5 for close quarter fighting.

This was apparently a "Normal" weekend.

That may have been when the headcases went out on a session and left the quiet lads back in the block.

As I recall, according the man himself to camera, he was out on his arse because he got convicted for violence when some lunks jumped him and he couldn't clearly show that the hiding he gave them was a use of force in self-defence, and did some bird for it.

Having read on a bit I have to say that you are an utterly vacant-headed chundered-up turdblossom of the first order and I can't for the life of me imagine how you've come to be enjoying RoPs like your socky Shockwave; no sirree-bob, I can't.
I think he had already left the SBS by that time according to his book. He was jailed for ABH'ing a couple of Herts Constabulary's finest, one of whom was a female.

Latest Threads