Another whinge in the Telegraph

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by msr, May 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. msr

msr LE

2. And the whinging will continue until well past the time the governments latest "cunning plan" for the TA/Army Reserve is eventually released and acted on and still further past the time numbers start to creep up and budgets and numbers go down again.

3. Nothing these days has anything to do with anything other than cost.

If troops volunteered to work for nothing and enough corporate sponsorship to could be found to cover the running costs, Army numbers would be at an all time high.

4. More or less bang on. And if you happen upon someone who isn't eagerly pursuing profit, be it an individual, a group or a country, it's a fairly sound bet that they're either part of something that there's a "War On...." or they are a something "... Time Bomb".

5. Given the 'rapid' pace at which FR20 is being delivered, I would not be at all surprised to see it rescinded in SDSR 2015 well before the ink on the staff work is dry. Unfortunately I cannot see a corresponding number of regular soldiers returned to the ORBAT if this was the case.

6. I've hit my 20 articles for the month. What does it say?

I always thought the strength of the TA was that you weren't looking at a sea of pimply 19 year olds when addressing your platoon; and that real life experience was a bit of a force multiplier in a lot of the CS/CSS roles. Sappers that have built roads every day for 15 years rather than 2 times since Phase 2 etc.

• Like Like x 1

7. Delete Telegraph cookies from your browser and crack on.

8. Some pretty barking comments in the chat below the article. I did like this one though:

9. Since when did regurgitating the blindly obvious start masquerading as decent journalism?

10. Since they stopped using people who have any real idea about the forces and defence.....