Another what watch thread....Sinn watches

I have one of these:

No for every day wear, but kept for special occasions.
Keeps excellent time and is solar powered.
Cheap for what it is at about £200 (if you an find one)

Well I went back to the Banardos charity shop, and the price on this is £189, seems that they are a donation there are 3 Sekio of various types (with user manuals)

They tell me that when stuff like this comes in, they phone a head office and they stipulate the price to put on item, if it is not sold by Friday then they have to put it on ebay

I expect that as a charity they get a discount from ebay / paypal

So £189 for a watch that has come in off the street, I would soon pay a bit more and get a watch with a guarantee

View attachment 335488

I have been back to the shop and it is still there, they are going to send off to their ebay team in the near future,, however the Manager said make me an offer, I think other people has shown an interest but obviously no takers

Anyone hazard a guess at what would be a reasonable offer !

Archie

I opted for the Sinn 104. After a month of waiting for the watch to be made and delivered, I have to admit I love it.
I love the symbiotic relationship an automatic has with its own. You have to wear it to keep it ticking.

I have had a few nice comments from watch guys I know, but so far I am safe from being mugged for it out on the mean streets of the New Town. :)

I fear this is the start of an expensive addiction!

I opted for the Sinn 104. After a month of waiting for the watch to be made and delivered, I have to admit I love it.
I love the symbiotic relationship an automatic has with its own. You have to wear it to keep it ticking.

I have had a few nice comments from watch guys I know, but so far I am safe from being mugged for it out on the mean streets of the New Town. :)

I fear this is the start of an expensive addiction!

I was looking at one of those myself. Keep us posted on what it's like to live with.
I have a few at the moment that I rotate through.
A tag kirium, a Panerai Marina 112, a vintage Seamaster, and omega 1948 pocket watch conversion ( heresy to some to destroy a pocket watch but I gets a fair bit of wear now and always attracts comments). I also had another vintage Seamaster ( quatz but stainless steel beards of rice braclet) but I have that to my cousin for his 21st after he kept commenting on it when out for dinner.
You would be surprised what you can pick up for a decent price if you keep your eyes open.

Just got my 'divorce' watch to celebrate the final payment to my solicitors last month.
A good old Seiko SKX007.
Been after one for a while and had I not been collored for a wedding in upstate New York next month and a stag do in Berlin (I'm only there for the gyros!) I would have plumped for an Omega.
Still it's a hell of a lot of watch for the money (£147 from Creation Watches) and I won't be scared of dinging it every now and again.
Oh, and hellishly customisable to boot!

skx.JPG

Just needs a solid link bracelet, some ceramic bits, new hands, face, sapphire glass and day/day dial and I think it will be 'mine' :)

Just got my 'divorce' watch to celebrate the final payment to my solicitors last month.
A good old Seiko SKX007.
Been after one for a while and had I not been collored for a wedding in upstate New York next month and a stag do in Berlin (I'm only there for the gyros!) I would have plumped for an Omega.
Still it's a hell of a lot of watch for the money (£147 from Creation Watches) and I won't be scared of dinging it every now and again.
Oh, and hellishly customisable to boot!

View attachment 344952

Just needs a solid link bracelet, some ceramic bits, new hands, face, sapphire glass and day/day dial and I think it will be 'mine' :)
I've got 2 of those watches, one with the metallic strap and one with the rubber strap. One was bought in Belize in 1988 and the other in Hong Kong in 1991. The only watches I've ever owned and still doing the job to this day.

Knowing what I know now, I really wish I'd taken advantage of the tax free watches I could have got my hands on back in the day instead of the obligatory 20DM 'cheap NAAFI watch'.

Last edited:

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
Got two of these recently one for the dame ( girl sized) different colour. Came with box, two years guarantee and keeps really good time. Readable in the dark too.
Heavy. And took a whack on the customs. Koontz.i

Edit, it’s not the invisible watch. Photo won’t lift, it’s a Bernhardt field diver.
C86E2ACD-1B41-4487-8278-1B6713C9D971.jpeg

Last edited:
I could never get used to wearing a watch, and I had a couple of cheap ones I wore when I needed too. But then I managed to wear a Fitbit regularly for a year or so so I got this. So far really pleased with it.
image.jpeg

I was looking at one of those myself. Keep us posted on what it's like to live with.
I have a few at the moment that I rotate through.
A tag kirium, a Panerai Marina 112, a vintage Seamaster, and omega 1948 pocket watch conversion ( heresy to some to destroy a pocket watch but I gets a fair bit of wear now and always attracts comments). I also had another vintage Seamaster ( quatz but stainless steel beards of rice braclet) but I have that to my cousin for his 21st after he kept commenting on it when out for dinner.
You would be surprised what you can pick up for a decent price if you keep your eyes open.
So far so good. It is a lot heavier than the watches I normally wear, but I have got used to it and miss the wieght if I am wearing my Traser Code Blue or Seiko 556.

The count down bezel is hand. Very crisp action and the mono colour scheme is lush.

It looks good with a suit and casual wear. I love it and it will be in my collection for ever.

It is good to see the Ana-Digi watch making a come back. How does the compass work on it?
I've not used it in anger yet but the hands pointing north and the differences between that and twelve o'clock is your heading. Which is then on the digital display. The meteo gives pressure changes which I find useful.

Anyone have any experience on these watches

Nite

Archie
Love my MX10-300t. Very rugged, dinging it in the warehouse makes me wince, but there's never a mark on it, other watches haven't faired so well.

Gains about 3 seconds a week. Never have a worry about taking it swimming, but I do take it off for hot showers. The Tritium illumination is good.

The only bad side is the plastic strap, I've broken 3 in a couple of years.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

Love my MX10-300t. Very rugged, dinging it in the warehouse makes me wince, but there's never a mark on it, other watches haven't faired so well.

Gains about 3 seconds a week. Never have a worry about taking it swimming, but I do take it off for hot showers. The Tritium illumination is good.

The only bad side is the plastic strap, I've broken 3 in a couple of years.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk
They’re good solid beater watches, I think you can get the steel bracelet option for around an extra 75 quid which isn’t bad on a watch at this price point.