Another what watch thread....Sinn watches

Trying to upload photos but it keeps telling me that the photo size is too big! Anyway, my daily wearer is now a 2012 CWC diver's quartz on a grey NATO strap from Watchgecko. My previous daily wearer was an Omega Seamaster 2254.5000 but I fancied a change after 10 years & I got a very good deal on the CWC, it still has a year left on the warranty (it's dated 2012 but was sold in 2016).

Sinn used to make the standard Luftwaffe aircraft eight day clock, which was so highly prized that aircrew were under a standing order to save the clock, which was easily detachable, if they survived a forced landing. It was often robbed by rescue crews on airfields and was often the first thing taken by souvenir hunters.

What are you smoking? I ain't never done nothing for Luftwaffe and you can't prove I did.

The upper end of the Victorinox range may suit. I have a mid range one and it has not missed a beat in the 5years I have had it

Had a look in a local Charity shop, (Banardo`s) I see that they have some £200 ish watches, mainly Sieko

Saw a nice Sieko Kinetic Divers watch - W2496

What price should a pre used be.

What is the number is that a model number !

Archie

Had a look in a local Charity shop, (Banardo`s) I see that they have some £200 ish watches, mainly Sieko

Archie
Could be one of the Prospex series, the price new varies greatly depending on the model. IIRC Seiko model prefix numbers begin with an 'S' not a 'W' but can't be 100% on that.

Archie
Seiko Prospex Black Monster With Rubber Buckle Strap SRP581K1 This is the Seiko I have I paid £200 for it new. So 200/250 for an automatic 300/400 for a Kinetic, That's new, I'd expect a second-hand to be much cheaper.

Seiko Prospex Black Monster With Rubber Buckle Strap SRP581K1 This is the Seiko I have I paid £200 for it new. So 200/250 for an automatic 300/400 for a Kinetic, That's new, I'd expect a second-hand to be much cheaper.
My divorce just completed last week and I'm treating myself to a Seiko SKX007 as a pressie.
I'd go for something more extravagant, but almost two years of legal bills leaves me having to be a little frugal.
Still, it's a classic and I'll get it modded in due course to make it 'mine'.

007.JPG
They also do a 36mm version, the SKX013, but I have huge wrists and it would look stupid.

My divorce just completed last week and I'm treating myself to a Seiko SKX007 as a pressie.
I'd go for something more extravagant, but almost two years of legal bills leaves me having to be a little frugal.
Still, it's a classic and I'll get it modded in due course to make it 'mine'.

View attachment 335392 They also do a 36mm version, the SKX013, but I have huge wrists and it would look stupid.
I've had the orange face and the pepsi. I have a sportura, can't use it though as the strap pins fall out. My post above isn't quite accurate, as mine has a black anodized stainless strap.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I have one of these

with this on the back (a shiny penny for a correct guess)

I recently bought a Military watch.
It doesn't tell the time, it told me to get a haircut.

I've had the orange face and the pepsi. I have a sportura, can't use it though as the strap pins fall out. My post above isn't quite accurate, as mine has a black anodized stainless strap.
I bought a Seiko 5 with a black anodised bracelet. The anodizing wore off over a period of a year and now I'm left with a half black half matt strap. Unusual for Seiko. I was really disappointed.

Here's a pair of mine, I have a few Seiko automatics and a couple of kinetics in my collection, but these are my favourite and a joy to have on my wrist. The Omega Seamaster 300m auto was sent to Omega for servicing for 4 months earlier this year, slightly expensive (£415) but worth the effort. I really did miss having that weighty watch on my wrist. The older Omega automatic dates from 1966, it was my father's watch,
20180522_002812_resized.jpg
20180522_002752_resized.jpg
has never been serviced and still keeps time. It will go for a service and a new crystal when my wallet will stretch to it. I'm looking for some parts for the original steel strap (Beads of Rice style) and will fit that when I have the right parts.