Another use for a mobile phone.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Trunnion-Tilt, Jan 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does your car have remote keyless entry? This may come in handy someday. Good reason to own a cell phone: If you lock your keys in the car and the spare keys are at home, call someone at home on their mobile phone from your mobile.
    Hold your mobile about a foot from your car door and have the person at your home press the unlock button, holding it near the mobile phone on their end. Your car will unlock. Saves someone from having to
    drive your keys to you. Distance is no object. You could be hundreds of miles away, and if you can reach someone who has the other 'remote' for your car, you can unlock the doors (or the Boot).

Leave your key with a mate go out to the car park and try it, it works, not!!!

2. Fantastic!

Did you also know that anyone with Microsoft Vista can make use of their new keyboard sensors? Basically, when you hit 'Return' and the computer is going too slow, if you hit 'Return' harder and faster the computer will sense your frustration and work harder and faster at achieving its tasks!

Industry gurus are looking to employ this new technology to elevator buttons and pedestrian crossing buttons.

3. Have you tried this? Because it does not work. It is an Urban Legend that is passed around by people who heard it from a mates, uncles brothers half cousin.....

Cars with remote keyless entry (RKE) systems cannot be unlocked by relaying a key transmitter signal via a cellular telephone. RKE systems and cell phones utilize different types of signals and transmit them at different frequencies.

4. Now now - remote locks work on radio frequency, not audio frequency.

But, if you really really want to wind up some gullible fecker, here's what you do....

Lock your keys in your car - in the ignition, so they can be seen.

Have the spare set in your pocket.

Ring someone on your mobile, or pretend to - follow instructions above then press the unlock button on your spare in your pocket.

5. Fantastic!

Did you also know that anyone with Microsoft Vista can make use of their new keyboard sensors? Basically, when you hit 'Return' and the computer is going too slow, if you hit 'Return' harder and faster the computer will sense your frustration and work harder and faster at achieving its tasks!

Industry gurus are looking to employ this new technology to elevator buttons and pedestrian crossing buttons.[/quote]

Its not working counterstrike :x

6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

RKEs are vulnerable so, when you leave your car, siphon off the fuel into carrier bags and take it with you. (Thanks to Viz Handy Household Hints for that one).

A spare key for my motor costs £300 so I'm kinda careful.

7. You must have a right manky car lock system on your car, cause it certainly don't work on a new Vauxhall Zafira, but then again I've only got a Motorola mobile. :wink:

8. Lost mine for my Renault laguna(fcuk knows how mind!!)

Cost me 200euros for new one - robbing twats :x

9. Are you trying the Vista one or the pedestrian crossing / elevator one (I dont think that ones coming til later this year) :(

10. PSSST did you know, if you put your fog lights on your car will go faster. Seems to work for all the dickheads on the motorway :wink:

11. Especially BMW316i drivers for some reason
    or maybe they're just all cnuts :D

12. You'll also notice that turning on the fog lights disables the indicators on any BMW....

13. Thought this was a going to be a thread about when you set your mobile to vibrate then put it up a womans working parts then call it from another phone.

14. it only works on full rate not halve rate, then again depending on the type of mobile phone your using and which bast site its connected too? if you try holding the phone so its radiating as close to NVIS then you stand back and pee around the phone (not on it) you will find you look a twat and should put in the village stocks and kept there for a week!1

15. My Missus puts hers on vibrate and gets me to ring her, dont know why, but its always damp and sticky