Another U.S. Army veteran is severely beaten by the police in Oakland

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by KGB_resident, Nov 5, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. U.S. Army veteran Kayvan Sabeghi in intensive care after being hit with police nightsticks during Occupy Oakland clash | Mail Online

Do you think that something similar is possible in the UK?

PS. In Russia it is quite possible.

2. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

3. I thought we did!

• Like Like x 1
  4. zzzz

5. Our policemen are the best in the world and I'm sure would have waited till a full day after the riot to give him a right kicking for resisting arrest.

Owns a brewpub, strange name, sounds like a wrong un to me Sarge.

6. Tut tut. You haven't considered the exciting possiblity that the filth might start with Tropper.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I'm not sure what to have for lunch.

8. I've just sent the bint out - for veal to make veal stew with mashed taters. I will then go and partake of some fruit juices of the pear and plum type in downtown capajebo.

You?

9. It's dark and miserable stew sounds a good idea. I've walked the dog, think I'll go back to bed for a bit.

10. Thats should be shitejevo

11. Ah, the thought that such exciting possibilities hadn't crossed my mind.....but I am sure that Tropper will be making a claim soon enough and then the excitement will begin!

12. Who do you think started the ruck in Oakland anyway?

13. It has happened - GMP copper kicked the crap out of a squaddie. Only thing was the copper was a Special Constable (part-time volunteer, for anyone abroad) and an ex squaddie himself!
    But saying that, I don't know if it would happen as much. Mainly because in my unit we were taught to avoid trouble, if you're going to fight - Leg it before the police arrive!
    I personally don't think most coppers would kick the crap out of someone for no reason, (though sone will I'm sure) and certainly not a squaddie or ex squaddie. Not so much for respect fo the forces, more because of the bad publicity it creates. But saying that, there's a lot of ex squads as coppers and I've known a couple to be bastards because of what unit they were, compared to the bloke they're arresting.

14. Well I thought it was jim24 being outraged about some facebook shenanigans.....but then of course there is talk of jim and tropper being one and the same. Tis a mystery to be sure.

15. the US police seem to be acting like stormtroopers.