Another tory MP joins ukip

Mark Reckless just announced it at their conference. Might wind up with 10 mps before the election at this rate let alone after

As predicted when Carswell jumped.......

Wonder how many more there are?

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Has quit the Tories for UKIP triggering a bye-election.

Another political career bites the dust.

Sinking ships and rats?

Just coming over the wires now. He has resigned the seat triggering another by election.

Sinking ships and rats?
I think there's genuine anger among right wing tories about how little has been achieved with human rights, immigration, the EU and welfare reform. If they were in it for themselves, defecting MPs wouldnt be forcing by elections.

SPIDER38

On ROPS
On ROPs
i just watched Farage's speech on catch up ,i think he is a brilliant speaker and a good man , i will be voting UKIP i really dont give a stuff about their finer policys as i not foolish enough to believe they will ever get near Downing Street,..but he and THEM are a breath of fresh air.

Last edited:

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer

ACAB

LE
I think there's genuine anger among right wing tories about how little has been achieved with human rights, immigration, the EU and welfare reform. If they were in it for themselves, defecting MPs wouldnt be forcing by elections.
Yup, and I bet that nice Mr Cameron is pleased as well!

Are you insinuating that I should have looked at the top right?

Because I shall spam your pm's with All Ireland Hurling Final scores from 1700 onwards if you are.
As if! ;-)

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
There is the possibility after the GE of a hung Parliament with UKIP holding the balance just as the Lib Dems (with disastrous results) have done in this one. That is a situation which confers huge and disproportionate power on a minority party.

In the GE a high UKIP vote could swing seats in a way the affected constituencies have never experienced - both ways.

As predicted when Carswell jumped.......

Wonder how many more there are?
I guess a few more are waiting to see how the by elections go. Carswell should spank it but this one will be a bigger ask.

The former candidate has stood aside for reckless so they learned from that cock up in Carswells seat.

Latest Threads