Another thread bites the dust

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by polar, Jan 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Please stop debating regs vrs TA, cause the thread will be deleted and I hate waste typing only to be deleted.

Can we have this as a sticky?
  2. msr

msr LE

It's in the ARRSE hole if you want to carry on.

3. cheers but could you put something on a sticky
  4. I think whoever decided to move that was wrong. Some good stuff was coming out in it.

The question was good and debating it was healthy. 'One Army' is a good shout but the key difference that was coming out was that while we may aspire to one standard, we routinely have slightly different conditions. Even when the TA are mobilised it is for a finite period in accordance with RFA 96. The TA and Regs havemcuh common ground but also many differences.

Many people may not understand the differences, which will exist until fundamental change is made. So what if people get a slagging for statements they make here. Let them speak and get the answers this forum provides.

The Civil Service rank equivalency debate is also good debating material for the uninitiated.

Show again!
  5. Yeah, cheers, mizzer. I spent fckin ages on my post (the last one, bar one, before the thread was zapped). Took about an hour to write, in between Mrs Evil giving me evils about spending v limited time arrsing.

That thread was not quite the usual STAB v ARAB face-off.