Another terrorist attack, this time against Christians.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Last edited:
The purpose of terrorism is to terrorize.

It seems almost as though the claim about Easter is something to hang the attack on - they normally don't give a reason or explanation, just jump and pull the ripcord.

But if it puts fear into people and makes them change their behaviour then they'll class it a success.

RIP the dead, carry on as normal the living.

skid2

LE
Book Reviewer
The fact that it hit kids and grown ups of whatever shape, size, colour or religious inclination in immaterial. Whoever's responsible and not just the flying mince one. The ones organising it, need dealt with.
The good news being the Pakistani intelligence crowd don't have to look too far.

While the Pope prays for Christianity to observe the traditions of the Good Samaritan with the refugees heading for Europe, another religion/ideology pursues a stated aim of death to unbelievers.

Last edited:
An old colleague of mine is a Pakistani christian. There have been plenty of attacks against Pakistani christians over the years. I don't think this attack is connected to what's been going on in France and Belgium although the Daesh nutters would see them as fair game the same as elements of the Pakistani population do which is witnessed by this atrocity.

Many attacks are not mentioned in the press because they are minor in comparison to this one but some people would label what's been going on in Pakistan as systematic persecution of a religious minority. It's not sanctioned by the State but a lot of people feel that in many instances, a blind eye is turned by the authorities to far too many of these attacks.

Last edited:
The fact that it hit kids and grown ups of whatever shape, size, colour or religious inclination in immaterial. Whoever's responsible and not just the flying mince one. The ones organising it, need dealt with.
The good news being the Pakistani intelligence crowd don't have to look too far.
The very same intelligence crowd that was protecting Bin Laden

I'm sure they'll investigate this thoroughly and lessons will be learnt

Pakistan explosion leaves many dead at Lahore park - BBC News

After the Brussels attacks, this may be connected. It may not. Nonetheless its horrible. 69 dead for Christ sake.

It is irrelevant if it is in Pakistan.

The attack is claimed to be related to Easter.
I'm afraid it is very relevant. If terrorists killed half that many people in a Western country, the media would go into hysterics. It would be the lead story for days afterwards. The PM would chair a COBRA meeting even if no UK citizens were killed.

Kill 70 people in Pakistan and it will be forgotten in the West within 24 hours.

Some tragedies are more equal than others.

No.4 Mk.1

On ROPS
On ROPs
Pakistan explosion leaves many dead at Lahore park - BBC News

After the Brussels attacks, this may be connected. It may not. Nonetheless its horrible. 69 dead for Christ sake.

It is irrelevant if it is in Pakistan.

The attack is claimed to be related to Easter.
Casualty toll nearly 400, according to Afghanistan's Khaama Press:

(60+ dead, 300+ injured)

Ghani condemns Pakistan suicide attack as casualties toll nears 400 - Khaama Press (KP) | Afghan News Agency

I'm afraid it is very relevant. If terrorists killed half that many people in a Western country, the media would go into hysterics. It would be the lead story for days afterwards. The PM would chair a COBRA meeting even if no UK citizens were killed.

Kill 70 people in Pakistan and it will be forgotten in the West within 24 hours.

The ongoing toll of deaths attributable to religious terrorism rises daily.

Recent figures when viewed worldwide are sobering.

Perhaps indicative of the increasing apprehension of the West over the figures of ‘refugees’ entering Europe.

Next Cubicle over...

Bowmore_Assassin

LE
Book Reviewer

For now, I think your last line is correct. I suspect as time goes on, we (western nations in general) will be less blasé and begin to understand the connectivity of where all this is going. At that point, we may begin to see some proper leadership as people start understanding the threat and the realisation of reality.

At which point, war is an inevitability.

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer

I know. It shouldn't be though. 69 dead in Lahore is a global tragedy. Whether the globe realises its a tragedy is a different matter.

My sig block says exactly how I feel.

How many people died at the last Hadj?

2,500 at least.

2 days newspaper coverage at best.

The number of deaths is the very last important detail in a newspaper story.

Why does this surprise you?

Latest Threads