Another superb Michael Yon despatch...

Good reading, list of KIA at end is sobbering good to see that it lists all cas not just UK and US

MODS - Can we have a permanent Michael Yon updates thread please?

These are popping up with sufficient regularity, and are sufficiently worthy of merit, especially for new-comers to the site that I think it does warrant it - perhaps even with Michael's direct assent.

I'm getting old.

Seeing the photos and reading the dates my thought was that they were so young.

Was I that young when I wore the dark blue suit?

He is a superb writer who captures the essence of the warrior. I hope others will feel led to donate some funds to his work.

Also,his photos of that Chinook are a grim reminder of the target signature of those engines for stingers and such.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Thanks for posting that Bravo2.

Good luck to Michael Yon - and all the folk in FOB Jackson.

Le Chevre

Extremist said:

These are popping up with sufficient regularity, and are sufficiently worthy of merit, especially for new-comers to the site that I think it does warrant it - perhaps even with Michael's direct assent.
Check to see who has been posting these of late... and he is well aware of ARRSE.

Extremist said:

I second this motion.

God.it's dusty in here,but what an excellent way of commemorating the efforts of the two young men involved,and to name the 'halo' effect in the pictures.

An excellent and sobering piece, that shows that the UK and US are not the only countries in Afghanistan to be losing their soldiers in this fight. :cry:

Keep them coming Michael, and thanks Bravo for posting it here.

And to all ISAF troops: keep up the good work, and keep your heads down.

To save starting a new thread here is the linky to the latest Michael Yon dispatch. A truly awe inspiring effort to save the life of one British soldier.

Makes some of the serious (as contrasted with the many hilarious ones) Septic slams by some on these forums seem a bit hollow.