Another Stupid Question in the TA Forum!

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by StabTiffy2B, Jun 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fellow Stabs,

I was watching that Queen & Country programme last night & the wife asked a stupid question about women in the infantry.

However, this got my brain thinking about an equally stupid question:

"Have any TA units ever taken part in Trooping the Colour?"

Anyone know?

2. well at least your not asking whats happening this weekend at an RTC,
    but as for your qustion no idea, I dare say IR have but no more at a guess

3. No. The amount of practice and training would totally discount a 'unit' but not a TA soldier on an extended contract.

4. I know of one TA infantry battalion that Trooped its colours note it didnt take part int the horse guards trooping as that is just a household div parade every unit with colours can troop them

As for the chicks they were Corps of army music

5. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The HAC do a 62 gun salute straight after but that is as far as the TA involvement goes as far as I am aware.

6. All TA Bns that have colours have to troop them (or did have to troop them in the past) There is (or was) a regulation about how often etc.

So the answer to your question is "Yes"

It would involve lots and lots of drill and rehearsals, Offrs & SNCOs buying new kit at huge expense, endless cocktail parties (more expense) etc.

Not really a priority theese days I suggest although important for unit pride.

7. The only parade that ever affected my pride in my unit happened in early November every year.

Other than that, the marching in all the TA infantry battalions (4) I was in, was too rubbish to be a source of pride. The TA should stick to learning how to defend the country in time of need, rather than trying to do everything the Regular Army does.

8. Not trooping the colour, but during the 75th anniversery of the TA there were TA trrops involved in the Rememberance Parade at the Cenotaph. Yes it did involve a lot of prep, but that was back in the days when funding wasn't an issue.

9. And all of the Yeomanry trooped their Guidons before HRH back in 93' A good parade too, except for lifting all the curb stones up with the tracks on my cvrt as I drove past the queen mums front gate.

10. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

Aren't they doing it again in a year or two when they get new colours?

QOY paraded in York a week or two ago after being awarded the freedom of the city

Also TA when they paraded in front of HRH Prince Charles

11. Possible but with the forcasted cuts it could be shelved

12. Trooping the Colour is a Woodentop love fest, but maybe as the Londons are now plastic Woodentops there might be a TA element in future.......

:soldier: