Another stunning effort from Plod

Or a cunning ruse to snaffle some overtime

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Or a cunning ruse to snaffle some overtime
I'd put those responsible and their immediate superior on permanent foot patrol round the site until the pi..travellers are moved on.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
Hampshire police have a long track record of total uselessness regarding travellers and indeed siding with them against the interests of the public who pay the police wages.

Some cynics might say plod took the path of least resistance. Off the highway? On council land? "Not our problem anymore, guv. Sorry"

Is it any wonder that Police take the path of least resistance these days?

For one, the plethora of "Diversity" shite imposed by successive Governments and public opinion being "herded" by media such as the BBC and rags such as the Daily Wail, has got us in a situation where direct or decisive action by Police against a minority group results in outrage by those on the Liberty and Human rights buses.

In any case, yes, these travellers are taking up space on a playing field, but at least they are all in one place and they can be Policed like everyone else and not dispersed in country lanes hidden by hedgerows. Their vehicles details can be noted and any illegal activity such as fleecing grannies out of cash "cos your gutter and chimney stack pointing needs fixing missus" or metal thefts and the like can be tackled a bit better.

Hampshire police have a long track record of total uselessness regarding travellers and indeed siding with them against the interests of the public who pay the police wages.
Indeed, my local Police Farce.

What you playing at Farmer Giles?

I'm going to dump a few thousand gallons of slurry on the entrance to my field those pikeys 'ave camped on

If you do that Sir, we'll have to arrest you for a public order offence.

Useless cnuts.

Is it any wonder that Police take the path of least resistance these days?

For one, the plethora of "Diversity" shite imposed by successive Governments and public opinion being "herded" by media such as the BBC and rags such as the Daily Wail, has got us in a situation where direct or decisive action by Police against a minority group results in outrage by those on the Liberty and Human rights buses.

In any case, yes, these travellers are taking up space on a playing field, but at least they are all in one place and they can be Policed like everyone else and not dispersed in country lanes hidden by hedgerows. Their vehicles details can be noted and any illegal activity such as fleecing grannies out of cash "cos your gutter and chimney stack pointing needs fixing missus" or metal thefts and the like can be tackled a bit better.
What planet are you on?

ugly

LE
They are still 100 million times better than Sussex police who wont attend traveller crimes especially if a firearm is involved! Wastiing cnuts!

ugly

LE
Napalm sticks to little (Whats the next word in the song children?)

Right fellas, speaking hypothetically, a bobby has 4 metal thefts on his workload (amongst a lot of other stuff that he is dealing with - but that isn't important right now - well it is to the victims and to the bobby and probably to people on various internet forums who have an axe to grind) and he "suspects" that individuals from an ethnic minority group are involved or are directly responsible. These people move around freely and camp temporarily in small grouups in secluded places and piss off to the other end of the country when things get too hot for them. How, within the law, does a bobby bring them to justice?

FORMER_FYRDMAN

LE
Book Reviewer
Right fellas, speaking hypothetically, a bobby has 4 metal thefts on his workload (amongst a lot of other stuff that he is dealing with - but that isn't important right now - well it is to the victims and to the bobby and probably to people on various internet forums who have an axe to grind) and he "suspects" that individuals from an ethnic minority group are involved or are directly responsible. These people move around freely and camp temporarily in small grouups in secluded places and piss off to the other end of the country when things get too hot for them. How, within the law, does a bobby bring them to justice?
Well first of all he cuts down the opportunity for crime by using some common sense and not opening gates.

Arbiets will Macht them Frei.

How, within the law, does a bobby bring them to justice?
Start with a minor campaign of checking vehicle insurance, tax & registration documents. Maybe move on to dipping their tanks to see what kind of diesel is in them, especially if there have been recent thefts from farms. Perhaps get a tax inspector to drop by and ask to look at their books.

The first methods, relating to cars, are often in place for normal people at road blocks complete with breathalysers & all sorts of other checks, the latter is standard business practice. If we can't get them for their other crimes, often because witnesses are too intimidated to speak out, let's get them for these. Let's face it, Al Capone was done for tax evasion.

Perhaps a little bit of application of the law which applies to the rest of us might have one of two effects on these people (and some other guests on these shores), viz (a) they start to comply with our social and legal norms and thus become valued members of society or (b) they decide that such compliance is a bit onerous & return to their home nation.

ugly

LE
Start with a minor campaign of checking vehicle insurance, tax & registration documents. Maybe move on to dipping their tanks to see what kind of diesel is in them, especially if there have been recent thefts from farms. Perhaps get a tax inspector to drop by and ask to look at their books.

The first methods, relating to cars, are often in place for normal people at road blocks complete with breathalysers & all sorts of other checks, the latter is standard business practice. If we can't get them for their other crimes, often because witnesses are too intimidated to speak out, let's get them for these. Let's face it, Al Capone was done for tax evasion.

Perhaps a little bit of application of the law which applies to the rest of us might have one of two effects on these people (and some other guests on these shores), viz (a) they start to comply with our social and legal norms and thus become valued members of society or (b) they decide that such compliance is a bit onerous & return to their home nation.
It does work but watch for the backlash. In brum the plod decided during the 90's to put an end to unlicensed taxis. problem was everyone caught had a Sparkbrook adress and the local labour councillor cried racism.

It does work but watch for the backlash. In brum the plod decided during the 90's to put an end to unlicensed taxis. problem was everyone caught had a Sparkbrook adress and the local labour councillor cried racism.
What’s that line about the main way for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing?

Just as in NI we didn’t give in to the Terrorists and call them political prisoners and maintained they were the common criminals they were so we should with other law breakers. If the local councillor or George Galloway gets uppity someone should have the balls to say, “in what way is it racist for someone to be expected to follow the law of the land”.

IMHO a lot of tension between communities would disappear if there was not disparity between the way that the law was applied, and apply it I would without fear or favour! It would also shut all the EDL types up & leave them to crawl back under their stones.

I am a big fan of the zero tolerance thing that started up in the States. Admittedly I chose my moments* but if I see a yoof or yooves on the train with their feet on the seats I ask them to cease & desist. If one does not the next step is foul language, playing their shite music over tinny little speakers on their telephones, chucking litter about & all sorts. If not asked to comply with reasonable norms they will come to believe that they can do as they wish & everyone else can go hang.

I’ve done similar on the way back from Twickenham when a coach from a very Pikey Rugby club round me was encouraging his drunk & under age charges to sing songs that I would hesitate to sing in a group of adult men in the club house, let alone on a train full of families & non-Rugby supporters. At first I got spittle-flecked chest-poking and accusations of how I plainly wasn’t a proper Rugby person until I pointed out I had been playing for the thick end of 30 years including in (I may have let him believe for[/]) the Army. He gradually backed down as the entire rest of the carriage started to join in on my side – it just takes one decent person to set the ball rolling.

I’m afraid if this looks a bit like harassment then bad luck. Abide by our norms or **** off should be the mantra & any Senior Police Officer, Social Worker or anyone else in a position where they should be stopping bad behaviour not enabling it should, IMNSVHO, be sacked on the spot.

*Even I have sense. So as not to get a battering, a shiv in the ribs or accusations that I’ve touched one of them (which in my business could be career-ending) I apply the discretion-is-the-better-part-of-valour rule if I’ve had a few pints, it’s late at night, the offenders are a large group of young women or Gibsons, I have MasterPlume with me & similar situations which is sad because it’s on these occasions the correction is often most needed.