Another server change and the inevitable teething problems

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Good CO, Apr 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

And it came to pass that on the evening of the 1580th day (approximately), the holy wire was unplugged from the blessed server and inserted into its beloved offspring, at an hour, that shall be confirmed. And there was much turmoil among the people of ARRSE as the child was troublesome and for during many days and nights the administrators of the realm did not sleep, but they were most grateful to the people... who helped debug by posting in this forum, and who read it before emailing to complain!

Fingers crossed!

2. When are the Avatars and Gallery due to be re-opened?

3. There's no pleasing some people.

4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I'm not biting!

5. Ah you will you will you will......
    go on go on........ :D

6. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Now THAT is a cool avatar.

7. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Server change will happen sometime just after 9. Therefore expect a complete drop for a while - hopefully a few minutes max, followed by a period of not more than one millenium of teething problems.

8. only a millenium, careful making rash statements, we might hold you to them, its not like defence procurement you know, sometimes you have to keep to promised timelines!

OS

9. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Come on GCO - you could be a bit sporting about this. How about running a sweepstake on when the site is back to full (and better) running :wink: ?

Obviously I would prefer you not to take part 8O

10. Right - I'm signing off.

Hope to see y'all in the very near future.

Good luck, GCO!

11. Yes but mine is cooler :D