ANOTHER School shooting Germany

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by CharlieBubbles, Mar 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. At least two people have been killed in a shooting at a school in south-west Germany, police say.

A number of people are also thought to have been wounded in the incident at the Albertville school in Winnenden, north of Stuttgart, reports say.

A police spokesman told N24 television that the gunman, who was reported to have been wearing black combat gear, had fled the scene.

Police and rescue workers were at the school, he added. (BBC News)

This after some gunman in the USA went dappy with a semi automatic rifle only yesterday, the USA have in their constitution the right to bare arms!
  2. Bare arms, does that mean they show naked flesh or are the guns exposing themselves? :)
  3. Police say over ten dead... all students
    17yo whos parents legally owned weapons...
    (but illegally permitted him access to those weapons?)
  4. And another shooting in the states:

I was thinking about the issue of gun ownership/control the other day and as soon as I saw this piece of news the paranoid conspiracy-theorist in me starting wondering whether this is a concerted black-ops campaign to get the public to ban guns for themselves and place the guns and our complete and utter protection at the hands of big brother.... Hhhmm. Two sided coin / double-edged sword that is.

Conspiracy or not I do hope it doesn't happen. I'm no gun nut, but I do think we're neutered enough as we are and the police can't be omnipresent. Unless....
  5. It may not be a false-flag thing, but I am certain the anti-gun people secretly rejoice in these incidents; it does give them an extra leg-up every time it happens, and I am also certain they have a disarmament agenda.

I had a letter from the local chief constable where he stated outright "I am keen to reduce the number of firearms in civilian hands to the absolute irreducable minimum". G!t.
  6. The flip side to gun ownership is that if some cuckoo-headed crazy goes triggerhappy in the local mall, he may run into someone else who also carries that may be able to do something about it.
  7. This is my view. I don't have a link for it, but there was a shooting a few weeks after the Hungerford incident in France. Didn't have the same effect on the community because some old Froggy leaned out of his own window with his own hunting rifle and malletted the offender. An armed society is a polite society.
  8. If there was a mental bingo card of the bone things that get said every time some idiot guns up innocent children, I'd be crossing off two right now... :roll:
  9. Why are these bone? Please clarify your position.
  10. Delighted to. In Exhibit A, You would appear to by hypothesising that there is some sort of covert operation in which innocent people are killed by apparent maniacs, purely to get the public to endorse more severe gun control? That's a rather tasteless proposition, given the number of people killed today? But not the first time it's been aired.

In Exhibit B, Bossdog airs the conceit that if only shopping malls had an equal or greater number of responsible handgun owning vigilantes shopping at the same time as a lunatic goes postal, then these people will heroically and conclusively intervene, saving the day. Arrse has also heard this one before too - for my part I wouldn't go near such places.

Insofar as I have a position, my belief is that no form of handgun ownership need be allowed in the UK, and that responsible ownership of shotguns and target rifles should be possible, if only the Plod weren't so inconsistent and selective over the relevant legislation. Ugly is consistently balanced and expert when commenting in this area.

And if you are an airsofter the Police should be allowed to shoot you on sight.

Hope this helps.
  11. I'm largely in agreement. I was merely giving voice to my imagination when I made that hypothesis, a very far-fetched hypothesis I am willing to admit. I also agree that rifles and shotguns to be allowed and I also think that the UK should adopt the Castle Doctrine law that exists in the USA (immunity from prosecution for opening fire on someone who continues to threaten you in your home despite warnings). I also agree about unsavoury airsoft wielding in the streets.

I am still a bit cynical about the cumulative effects of these shootings om gun control though. I think the Americans had the right idea about the right to bear arms and I think it is still valid because a time may still come when people might have to resist baddies with guns when there is no government or when they are the government.