Another sad loss

Discussion in 'Afghanistan' started by rockape623, Dec 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - Afghanistan injury kills RAF man

From the same incident that killed a Royal Marine on Thursday.

This is covered in the thread dedicated to the Royal but I thought this chap deserved his own thread. I offer no apologies for the duplication.

2. God rest him.

Prayers with the family.

Per Ardua.

3. I work with his dad. RIP airman. You will not be forgotton.

4. Rest in Peace. My condolences to your family.

5. Rest in Peace Ant x

6. RIP

Condolences to family & friends

7. RIP,,God bless the ones left,

8. HHH

HHH LE

RIP
    My condolences to his family, friends and comrades.

Sent from my iPhone using my ARRSE

9. RIP

God Bless

10. Sleep well mate. Thoughts are with your family and friends.

11. Ant Downing was a kind, intelligent, focused and charming officer. He led our group on the 3 Peaks' Challenge in autumn 2010, and his obvious sensitivity to others' difficulties, love for the mountains and incredible drive held the group together. His simple pleasure in watching the sunrise from the top of Snowdon was the measure of the man.

He was supremely fit - he entered super-endurance events almost casually, and excelled in them. He drove others to succeed as well, without ever criticising or comparing. His encouragement and congratulations when I did a half marathon were exactly the same as when another colleague did a full one; they would have been just as fulsome and genuine had someone swum the Atlantic or cycled across America - the latter a feat Ant himself accomplished during one set of POTL.

It was always a pleasure to sit and talk with him over coffee or supper. I shall miss him.

• Like Like x 1