Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Another reason why the death penalty should be restored

I agree with you, I am happy to lock them
My bold.

Nah, these people don't fear death at all. They are so messed up with their sky pixie that they really believe that there is a better place for them and the infidels must all die, so being killed in the process is all part of the plan. They become martyrs to the cause and then their names are used by the next ones in line.

Far better to lock them up, quietly and out of the way. Where we fail is that we continue to give them a voice, albeit through their legal team, and allow them to mix with others of a similar bent.

Supermax? Solitary? Deffo. I'd have no problem with that. The life of Richard Reid is nothing to be proud of. Let him suffer appropriately, and you never hear of him now, do you? That is how to deal with terrorists, remove their voice. No martyrdom in solitary is there?

Couldn't reply earlier, so here goes. I agree these savages don't fear death (although I reckon they'd have few second thoughts if they woke up to see a modern Mr Pierrpoint waiting for them) so let's send them on their way. Big syringe full of morphine should do the trick.
In the same way that these monsters don't fear death they also despise us and everything our culture and laws stand for so why do we take the moral high ground? No one thanks us for it, smug politicians say we're doing the right thing but as I mentioned earlier its us and our families who are going to be the next victims by another Jihadi. Its common old fashioned sense to dispatch to the next world or a whole life term in solitary any terrorist or prolific murderers like Levi Bellfield.

It is possible to achieve a conviction with 100% certainty of guilt. As in Rigby killings etc - stuff happens in front of people. No doubt. So the system could retain the death sentences for such cases.

Of interest, I'm just reading a book by John Douglas, an FBI chap who was involved on criminal profiling. He is thought to be the basis in part for the character of Jack Crawford - Clarence Starling's Mentor in Silence of the Lambs. In his book, he recounts how Glenn Close, a fairly typical lefty liberal actor, came to him for research purposes.

Douglas played him a tape made by 2 serial killers as they drove around torturing and raping a 16 year old girl. Afterwards, Close told Douglas he was no longer opposed to the death penalty, and it affected him so much he would no play the character in the sequel.

Glenn Close is a woman...

Yeah the guy doing the tour told us that fact. When I asked him about Albert at the Crum, he only knew that Henry had been present at executions there. I seen yesterday that Albert in fact had assisted in 1933 at the Crumlin Road jail.
the last to swing at the crum was mcgladdery and it was Harry Allen who seen him off.

Last edited:
Glenn Close is a woman...
I think he means Scott Glenn, based on the SOTL reference. Who is your typical bleeding heart Hollywood Pinko, y'know, being a former US marine.

Yes sorry Scott Glenn. Without getting into an argument about whether or not it is possible for former servicemen to have liberal political ideas - I've simply paraphrased what I read in the book. I can't be arsed to go back through it and screenshot it as it is a kindle and it would take me forever.

Suffice to say, having now finished it, it has done nothing to change my opinion that there are people out there who the authorities should simply erase from existence.

Yes sorry Scott Glenn. Without getting into an argument about whether or not it is possible for former servicemen to have liberal political ideas - I've simply paraphrased what I read in the book. I can't be arsed to go back through it and screenshot it as it is a kindle and it would take me forever.

Suffice to say, having now finished it, it has done nothing to change my opinion that there are people out there who the authorities should simply erase from existence.

In my experience there have been a fair few ex military and indeed serving military who have held "liberal political ideas" personally I see no problem with the situation in fact it is a healthy position to be in. Having your military all of one "political class/leaning" would be dangerous.

Never believed in the death penalty- probably for obvious reasons. But there is a problem. Came to the conclusion that we should never have made the distinction between Politically motivated and normal crime. However I have never had a problem with the older concept of outlaw. ie Someone having the protection of the law removed and being fair game. Reversion to a failed principle won't solve the problem- deportation if applicable might- then they won't be here.

...deportation if applicable might- then they won't be here.

Don't know about that. Used to fly deportees home on charter and saw the same faces time and again. Speaking to some of them, they'd turn themselves in when they had what they came for and used the deportation flights as a free ticket home with their loot. They'd turn up again in a few weeks and the process would begin all over.

Don't know about that. Used to fly deportees home on charter and saw the same faces time and again. Speaking to some of them, they'd turn themselves in when they had what they came for and used the deportation flights as a free ticket home with their loot. They'd turn up again in a few weeks and the process would begin all over.

Yes but most deportees are chancers- not murderers. Moreover we have their dabs on file. Unfortunately processes at entry don't lend themselves to weeding, since its about the veracity of documentation and motive can't be questioned that closely. ie. you can only deal with that once they've been tumbled.

The ones I spoke to would tell me they'd be back in SA within two weeks once they'd seen their families and sold/distributed their loot. It was a job for them.