• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Another reason why Scotland is fantastic!

While on the train into work this morning I was flicking through the Metro and was confronted with a photo of a bonny lass in Tartan lingerie and odd looking eagle jacket. It appears to be "Dressed to kilt" fashion festival in New York this week.

sorry can't find linky for sexy eagle bird.

Looks like Tartan is no longer for little old ladies and piss stained boxer shorts and is making a come back for the young and sexy.

Have any Arrser's experianced sexy tartan?

Oh plus they drank Bari dry!!!!

LordVonHarley said:
While on the train into work this morning I was flicking through the Metro and was confronted with a photo of a bonny lass in Tartan lingerie and odd looking eagle jacket. It appears to be "Dressed to kilt" fashion festival in New York this week.
I think you left an extra 'n' in there.

TankiesYank said:
LordVonHarley said:
The one in the real paper is much better, though I sense some English jelousy. When was the last time there was a fashion festival for morris dancers? :D

indoubitabley said:
And the other reason is????
Apart from being the number three exporter of worker to the colonies, Scotland has the some of the most beautiful women in the UK (as long as they give the deep fried mars bars/pizzas/lard a wide berth).

indoubitabley said:
LordVonHarley said:
Apart from being the number three exporter of worker to the colonies,
Scotchland is fantastic because it's number 3 at something???

LordVonHarley said:
Scotland has the some of the most beautiful women in the UK (as long as they give the deep fried mars bars/pizzas/lard a wide berth).
my bold

Some of the best, you mean just behind England, Wales, N Ireland and Isle of Mann??? (Still, 5th place ain't too bad by your standards).

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
Er, because it's 300 miles away?

indoubitabley said:
indoubitabley said:
LordVonHarley said:
Apart from being the number three exporter of worker to the colonies,
Scotchland is fantastic because it's number 3 at something???
Come on, give us a brake we where up against the Irish potato famine and Afirican slave traders!

Any way back to Tartan clad models........

LordVonHarley said:
No.

The name of the thread is Another reason why Scotland is fantastic! so apart from some models dressing up in Tartan (Which I'm sure you 'borrowed' from the Irish, along with kilts and the bagpipes) what else is good about Scotland?

deep fried mars bars are overrated! Bounty bars are better!

Well, thats over an hour now, and no reply to my question.

I thought as much.

they've got some nice castles,and Rod Stewart, and Lorraine Kelly and....oh right i see what you mean!

BB51

Old-Salt
Mr_Deputy said:
What is 'Scotland' ?
It's that beuatiful land that sit's at the end of the M6 and where your wife/girlfriend goes for a decent ride.

indoubitabley said:
LordVonHarley said:
No.

The name of the thread is Another reason why Scotland is fantastic! so apart from some models dressing up in Tartan (Which I'm sure you 'borrowed' from the Irish, along with kilts and the bagpipes) what else is good about Scotland?
I'm sensing that you may have some thing against Scotland,

If you want to get all scientifically on what makes Scotland fantastic .......
1) Geographical location - come global warming most of Scotland will stay above the water line.
2) Housing that does not cost a kings ransom.
3) A legal system that included the "I'm sure you did, but I can't prove you did it" Not Proven verdict.
4) Whiskey
5) Education - No Tuition fees.
6) SMP's who can vote in GB Parliament.
7) Funding from London.
8)Culture.
9)Pipe music
10) Kilts - there is nothing like a gentle breeze over your plums to make you feel like a man.
Kilts Irish - Seeing as the Irish settled on the West coast I'm not surprised that the two cultures are similar
11) Small population of around 6.5 million.
12) Great Mountain biking.
13) Beautiful woman with sexy accents.
14) Clydesdale Bank, Royal bank of Scotland and the Bank of Scotland - All can print money.
15) Re-inventing tartan in Victorian era to sell rose tinted version of Scotland’s history. Fantastic business move!
16) Being bad at sports and being bloody happy when we win some thing - eg Curling.

There just off the top of my head, many can apply to almost any country in the world, but I think Scotland is great. I does have it's flaws like any other country in world. But having a fashion festival where models wear tiny little tartan bits of clothing is great!

TankiesYank said:
LordVonHarley said:
As soon as I saw the photo, I decided to comment on her lack of padding for a Scottish winter, but you beat me to it! LOL!

Litotes