Another reason why I am frustrated with our Masters creating laws "for our own good"

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jumpinjarhead, Apr 4, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Heavens to Betsy, a woman made a mistake. If this was in an Islamic country then the people would probably be so backward that they would stone her to death. In the US they will probably just shoot her - so much more civilised don't you think?

2. Nevertheless she is a legislator who does not understand what she is legislating for. Would you like driving laws proposed by someone who thought that motor cars had a velocirator and deceleratrix?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nah, A-Y, it's not just that. It's a continuing pattern of US politicians making sweeping statements on subjects they know little or nothing about, passing Bills they haven't read, distorting laws to suit their idealogical agenda, contemptuously disregarding the Constitution, etc.

Not like you to post crap, old pal, though I'm thinking you posted with tongue in cheek!

4. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

No. This is why I choose to live in England. Most people here can actually drive and they drive on the correct side of the road.

Besides, the woman is right. When all the bullets are gone, all the bullets are gone. Unless you can make them come back using time travel or the Starship Enterprise. Having visited Denver I have no doubt this is the solution proposed by Jabba the Sheriff.

Life in the USA would be so much easier if they had not become terrorists and hoyed our tea in the drink.

• Like Like x 5
  5. Stand away from the stottie cake, TID!

6. My dear fellow, it has nowt to do with her being a woman but rather one of the prime proponents of the law affecting our rights regarding the very thing she seems to know nothing about. This is my point in case you missed it--that our national Rulers seek to impose laws when they do not even have the least understanding of the subject matter in spite of having large monetary allowances of OUR money to at least hire competent staff to stop such ridiculous efforts. Adding insult to injury, she then is so arrogant as to have her spokesperson compound the error rather than merely going to someone (but they would be an evil gun owner no doubt) who could have corrected her first stupid statement.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

You telling me that they are not!

Mind you a decleratrix sounds interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  8. That my dear man is why my syndicate of regular shooters at my range and I have a Dillon XL650 reloading press. ;-)

• Like Like x 1
  9. If the political correctness brigade had their way, they would continue their useless bullshit of replacing a five letter word (brake) with an eleven letter one (deceleratrix). Arrseholes.

10. TheIronDuke

Yeah, but they are new bullets so they do not count. What Ms. DeGette said was "the bullets will have been shot and there won't be any more available". Because they will have been shot. She never said anything about making new bullets.

Just because Ms. DeGrette is a bird and a Democrat I see no need to distort the facts.

11. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

I've got one of those keeps telling me I'm driving to fast and to slow down.

• Like Like x 6
  12. You are right-I will strive to do better.

13. To save anyone else the trouble.......

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. TheIronDuke

Yeah, fair one. But she is still a Democrat.