Another reason for banning Hijab/burkas

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by brettarider, Jul 9, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. brettarider

brettarider On ROPs

NDON (AFP) - A female Muslim juror has been arrested in Britain after allegedly listening to an MP3 player under her hijab headscarf during a murder trial, police said Monday.
    (Advertisement)

The woman in her early 20s was spotted by a fellow juror listening to music as she was meant to be helping try the case of a pensioner accused of bludgeoning his wife to death after 50 years of marriage.

She could now be charged with contempt of court and, if convicted, may be punished with an indefinite jail sentence and an unlimited fine.

Details emerged after the defendant was convicted and Judge Roger Chapple lifted a reporting restriction which prevented previous publication of the details for fear of disrupting proceedings.

The woman had repeatedly arrived late for hearings at Blackfriars Crown Court, central London, and prosecuting lawyer Peter Clarke asked for her to be dismissed.

The judge initially refused, saying it was not necessary, but a day later, he received a note from another juror suggesting that the woman may have been listening to music during the defendant's evidence.

A Metropolitan Police spokesman said that police were called by a judge hearing a case at Blackfriars "regarding the inappropriate actions of a juror."

"A woman was arrested for contempt of court on the direction of the judge," he added. "Following the conclusion of the trial, the judge has requested that the matter be investigated."

Lawyer Benn Maguire, a member of the team prosecuting the murder case, said: "It is unique for all those who are connected with this court to experience a situation where the juror is suspected of listening to a MP3 player under her Islamic headgear."

He added that he expected the woman would go to prison if she was charged and found guilty of contempt.
    link

hardly giving anyone a fair trial is it

2. Presumably the conviction must now be unsafe on apeal?

Selfish chav cow, I thouht music wasn't permited in strict islamic society?

3. That wasn't the impression that I gained from the radio report I first heard of this on. It said he was convicted anyway after they pinged her. I assume there is some sort of legal contingency for losing a juror.

Maybe she's not so strict?

4. That's what the ninja suit is all about though isn't it, as far as I am aware, there is no religious obligation to wear it, it's more of an extreme culteral thing.

And it's been adopted by young muslims, even though many of their more moderate parents never wore it.

5. Cue "they take the piss out of our court system" headline in The Scum tomorrow :lol:

6. Just cherry picking then? I'll have the hijab but not the ban on music.

7. That's the impression I got. Or she might just be an ugly bitch.

8. When no one dares ask you to justify yourself, you can pick and choose whatever you want regardless of what moral standards you violate, without fear of reprisal.

9. You could not make it up FFS :pissedoff:

Like the fecking failed London bomber escaping dressed in a veil and no one thinking to ask them to identify themselves. :pissedoff:

(Where does he stand within Islamac laws wearing a woman's clothes?)

Its only a matter of time before they will have to remove the veil for most interactions then making it pointless, these idiots do themselves and their peers no favours :sleepy:

Also how long before some pikey thinks of wearing this outfit to hold up their local Bank? :omg: :roll:

10. Standing out front, bent over, legs braced and preparing to repel infedel invaders 8O

11. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

"Does my bomb look big in this"

She wont go down I'll bet you, and if she does there will be an outcry from the poor oppressed Muslims. They cant kill goats in the street, cant wear 'traditional' dress, cant Honour Kill their women, cant pray on a loaded airoplane just before takeoff...

what?

Yes, not worth using up a new thread for, but relevent because of the passages I've highlighted...

So, a pilot who refuses to let somone hold up a plane because they have decided they need to pray (and if you said you needed to shit at that point the answer would be the same) is guilty of 'Guilt by association' and the Association of Chief Police Officers must investigate?

12. Like the scene from Hot Fuzz:

"Why does'nt she want us to see her face?"

"'Cos she's fcuk ugly."

13. Mmm, compass on an airplane, thats going to work.

I doubt she'll get a sentance, maybe just a slap on the wrist.

As for the case, they have "spare" jurors who sit in on the case and fill in if poeple are ill, or in contempt. The judgment should be sound as far as this is concerned.

14. A broken clock is right twice a day; even The Scum gets it right occasionally.