Another re-joiner London / Essex

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Taffitorial, May 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just looking for a little advice / info on my prospects should I take the plunge and rejoin the TA - or even if I should!!!

Currently 39 years old and previously done 3 years as CMT attached to a Sigs unit. Living in East London working in the City.

I am reasonably fit and have run several marathons, so hopefully my stamina will not be a problem.

From my previous experieince I found that the part I liked most was the basic training and trade training courses, and especially enjoyed learning the basic army skills / drills.

I suppose what I am trying clarify here is, are there any london / essex units suitable for an old codger like me, and if so, could I still apply for combat arms or would I be considered past it by these units?
  2. Why not try the Royal Yeomanry in either Croydon or Fulham. The are setting up a Regt Aid Post and are crying out for medics to fill the various posts.

They are very easy to get to if you are working in the city as both are near tube or train stations
  3. Thanks horsetrooper, not necessarily looking to re-enter as a medic but attached to the right unit it may be a good option.

Cheers again
  4. Hi Taffitorial,

Check your PMs, I've sent you a few details.