Another rant about idiot drivers.

Discussion in 'Cars, Bikes 'n AFVs' started by Blokeonabike, Feb 18, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This morning, in full daylight, on a two lane dual carriageway some stupid woman decided to pull out of the left hand lane into the right hand lane without looking or indicating, right in front of me and travelling significantly slower than me (and no I was not speeding although I was making good progress at around about the national limit).

I was driving a red car with my lights on so about as visible as can be.

I was able to slow down and not hit her only by hard breaking (simultaneous with loud swearing which she didnt herar and horn blaring that she did hear).

My point is that, if she is that crap at driving that she didnt pay attention to me in a car as described, what chance would I have had on a bike?

Meanwhile bike tests get harder and harder but car tests do not!

2. [quote=".

My point is that, if she is that crap at driving that she didnt pay attention to me in a car as described, what chance would I have had on a bike?

Meanwhile bike tests get harder and harder but car tests do not![/quote]

If you was on a bike moosh you wouldn't be in that predicament, you'd be thinking wayyyyy ahead :D

3. yea, if you was on a bike you would be weaving in and out of traffic, knocking wing mirrors and filling gaps in front of me at roadworks before slamming on the brakes, forcing me to skid trying not to hit you.

4. Fu ck a stoat boys, you should try driving out here. Motor bikes like fleas on a badger and none of them look before doing anything. If I could work out how to upload a film on here I would take a video and post it. Yesterday I was driven from HCMC (Saigon) to here, a five hour drive. We had three near misses on the way - and I mean near death experiences. There were apparently over 120 moto (rbike) deaths during the TET holiday from13th Feb to 16 Feb this year. Mind you most of the motos are driven by well fit birds......

5. If you was on a bike moosh you wouldn't be in that predicament, you'd be thinking wayyyyy ahead :D[/quote]

Not sure I follow your logic. Even thinking ahead dosent help when someone pulls out in front of you without reason or warning. Having said that on a bike I would have had the option of going round her rather than having to stop but it would have been risky either way.

6. Not sure I follow your logic. Even thinking ahead dosent help when someone pulls out in front of you without reason or warning. Having said that on a bike I would have had the option of going round her rather than having to stop but it would have been risky either way.[/quote]
    On the other hand, the biddy in question was probably thinking to herself: what's that knobhead doin' drivin' right up me ring? :lol:

MsG

7. And on the note of idiot drivers, yes you, ya Polish cunt, you know who you are, the tw@ who pulled out infront of my lads Motor bike and almost killed him the other day.

Then had the brass bollocks to try and sue my lad for damage to your car? as soon as I know which hovel your lodging in, I shall show you old school British justice, you dole scrounging cunt.

Well I feel better for that anyway.

8. Ive always wondered that 1.

As a commuter I do weave but dont hit cars cos 1 ton o metal vs little old me isnt a match i wanna play; it makes I larf when a car driver says we are intimidating them from the comfort of their travelling airbag /safety cell.

Ive tried riding as a "normal" motorist but get cut up bullied and rampantly ignored so bollocks to it. :x

And breathe :D

9. well, dont cry when you end up in casualty because you have ridden like a tool and come a cropper.......like I wished on at least 6 idiots on 2 wheels who thought that the gap between me and the vehicle in front on the M25 this afternoon was purely for them to fit their bikes in and not me being sensible by leaving a safety gap.

10. Panic not i wont .

From my point of view Satnav, mobiles and stereo's should be banned so the tin box brigade concentrate for a change on what they're doing instead of pinballing across the white lines but hey what do I know

11. It does not matter a fig in regards to what vehicle you are driving or how eye catching you are.

If said Idiot does not bother to look, then thats all there is to it.

North Circular 2 days ago just shy of the A4000, I was driving in the left hand lane 10 mph below the speed limit on that section in perfect conditions ( 08:00 ) when a women pulled out in front of me from a side turning....when I was no more than 60 foot from her.

Lots of Foghorns blaring and rapid braking/swerving from me, ending up with her stalling her car across my path and me stopping no more than 6 inches from her.

I was driving a Liebherr 120 ton All terrain Crane painted Bright white half a dozen working warning beacons and headlights on !....The Hookblock dangling from the front of my wagon was actually swaying ovger her bonnet and right next to her windscreen.

12. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

should of put that hook right through her side window mate followed up with a gentle "WTF are you doing woman"?

13. On the other hand, the biddy in question was probably thinking to herself: what's that knobhead doin' drivin' right up me ring? :lol:

MsG[/quote]

And logic strange it is, i'v clipped 1 wing mirror off a merc sl and been hit myself 4 times by motorist not paying attention 8O

Still wouldn't stop me getting back on a bike tomorrow though :D

14. Yep, sometimes 4 up on the bike too.

15. Dont get me started I used to drive a bomb response car. Even lit up like Las Vegas with blue flashing lights and a set of Marschal air horns that produced more noise that the QE2's hooter, I would regularly get people blithely pulling out in front of me without looking. Then there were the ***** that thought it amusing to see how close they could tailgate me at high speed. We had the answer to those twats though - a quick radio call to the motorway police usualy got them hauled off and a 500 quid fine later on. Result!