Another question. I'm new here.

Discussion in 'The Training Wing' started by just-ian, Dec 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On the Kit List you get pre-training, it says to take my NHS Card. I don't have one, so spoke to my GP. They gave me my NHS Insurance #, is that what the NHS card was for? Cheers!

2. If you haven't got your card just get the GP to put your NHS number on headed note paper from his surgery and that will be fine.

3. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

In addition to the above 'cards' are no longer issued by the NHS, you now just get a letter with your NHS Number on, so if you have that from your GP you should be good to go.

4. Aye, the wifey at the desk said they don't send out the cards to patients anymore, I was just wondering if it was the NHS Number that it was required for, thanks!

5. Oh, and what about PT shoes, I'm assuming I need those, but it's not on the kit list? Cheers.

6. You'll get issued the finest running shoes when you receive your kit.

7. So they're shite? haha.

8. Only the finest I see ;)

9. I saw recruits at Winchester cutting around in these trainers last year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

One off issue when you start basic training though once that pair are shagged you'll only be back to the Silver Shadows or have to put your hand on your own pocket

10. nhs number is at the top of your birth certificate i believe

11. Nope.

12. birth certificates from England and Wales between 1969 and 1995 have an NHS number on them.

edit:might be confused, think they have changed the system now. If the NHS number of your birth cert have letters, as well as digits, it is the old system, which has been phased out.

13. Nope.

14. Does the word 'initiative' mean anything to you?

15. i'm looking at my birth certificate right now which shows my old nhs number (with letters in it) which is why i got confused.

after using google i realised they actually changed the system back in 2008 to a 10 digit numerical code and no longer printed them on birth certificates, but through registering with your GP.

apologies if i confused anyone, not including myself.