Another problem

Z

Zarathustra

Silent_Scope said:
Just started the computer up today and my 'n' and 'b' keys now show up as '5' and '6'. Also I can no longer do Ctrl C/V.

now my equals key doesn't work either. :x
How did you manage to write this then?

Seriously though, num soundslike a good guess

Check in Control Panel that your keyboard is set to "English (United Kingdom)" and hasn't accidentally been set to some weird foreign language.

Silent_Scope said:
Just started the computer up today and my 'n' and 'b' keys now show up as '5' and '6'. Also I can no longer do Ctrl C/V.

So, how did you manage to type "n" and "b" in that message?

Either your keyboard has been remapped or something, (a game, perhaps) is intercepting the keystrokes.

Some laptops have a coloured key that remaps certain keys to allow you to easily perform other tasks. Are there any other (coloured) clues on those particular keys?;

Or, assuming that you are using Win XP, check under Control Panel/Regional and Language that your world is set to the UK and that the Code Page is set to 10000 Roman as a minimum (other code pages are usually selected but you will have to research those).

Litotes

Litotes said:
Silent_Scope said:

Some laptops have a coloured key that remaps certain keys to allow you to easily perform other tasks. Are there any other (coloured) clues on those particular keys?;
Litotes
Yep, good call, the "Fn" key could be stuck on.