Another possible terrorist attack in the Netherlands

Dutch police said on Friday that several people had been wounded in a stabbing on a shopping street in The Hague.
It comes after at least one person was killed in a knife attack in London Bridge.
Images posted on social media showed a number of police cars and ambulances in the road, with crowds held back behind a red-and-white cordon.

Three wounded, seriously hurt but stable. Suspect who is allegedly from Syria shot in the leg by police. All injured, including suspect, are in hospital.

Edit: disregard this is an old attack, my bad.

Last edited:
Anymore news from Holland?

Anymore news from Holland?
The online reports just say that an incident occurred in the GroteMarkt (market square), outside the large shop of Hudson Bay Company. I live elsewhere in NL so I don't know Den Haag well enough to give a better description. Three seriously injured, but stable, victims were taken to hospital. A large knife was recovered from the area of the incident.

The link below concerns an incident from eighteen months ago, and is nothing to do with today (directly at least).

EDITED for multiple typos, dohhhh.

WALT

War Hero
Three wounded, seriously hurt but stable. Suspect who is allegedly from Syria shot in the leg by police. All injured, including suspect, are in hospital.
I realise it's somewhat difficult to tell these events apart, but I believe this is an old one.
Picture-1.jpg

ETA- Dagnabbit, beaten to it again! My Photoshop skills aren't fast enough.

Local news was just updated, Police give the description of the suspect as 'Male, light-tint skin colour, 45 - 50 years old, slightly curly hair, wearing a grey tracksuit'. The light-tint colour description is fairly normal in official descriptions, to describe a mediteranean appearance. Apparently the victims were chosen randomly, presumably they were in easy reach before the perp dumped the knife and ran off. His escape was aided by everyone else nearby also running away, of course.

I realise it's somewhat difficult to tell these events apart, but I believe this is an old one.
View attachment 433914

That's from last year, as I said. This is the incident from this evening....

And a translation (if it works) for those few of you who don't speak Dutch . . .

The online reports just say that an incident occurred in the GroteMarkt (market square), outside the large shop of Hudson Bay Company. I live elsewhere in NL so I don't know Den Haag well enough to give a better description. Three seriously injured, but stable, victims were taken to hospital. A large knife was recovered from the area of the incident.

The link below concerns an incident from eighteen months ago, and is nothing to do with today (directly at least).

EDITED for multiple typos, dohhhh.
Ooops. I'll just hand back my yellow belt in google fu then.

In my defence I came to read about the London attack and saw this one in NL, my fingers rapidly did the walking on the keyboard and I did not check dates.

Ooops. I'll just hand back my yellow belt in google fu then.

In my defence I came to read about the London attack and saw this one in NL, my fingers rapidly did the walking on the keyboard and I did not check dates.
I only knew that as I live here.

Most recent update is that all the victims are juveniles, but the police aren't saying how old exactly or how badly they are injured. There were apparently also photos made of someone being held in handcuffs, who matched the description given by the police -- though that may have been before the stabbing incident and the photos might be a 'generic' Moroccan pickpocket. It is all rather confused, as per standard with Dutch police.

View attachment 433914

Talking to someone about the London incident whilst searching about the NL incident. Sloppy, my apologies.

Latest Threads