Another Polar First. So What?

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by radiorental, Aug 26, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I keep vaguely hoping one of them will become 'first person to reach the Pole in a novel manner only to be devoured by a bear.'

2. Why egotistic? Why shouldn't people be proud that they've done something that no other human has ever done? I'll go out on a limb and say that rowing to the magnetic north pole is an extremely difficult and dangerous undertaking.

3. I was the first man to get a shag standing up in a hammock, while poking melted butter up a porcupines arse with a red hot needle. I never talk about it though

• Like Like x 1
  4. You'd be hard pushed to do anything with reference to a Pole in our Company, we've about

500 of the fcukers.

5. Preferably one 'unhinged' by starvation and toothache.

6. Aha. But you just did.

7. HHH

HHH LE

Norris McWhirter said I was first in 1979 !

8. The two timing bastard

• Like Like x 1
  9. Well bugger off and do it then, on one of those pedalos shaped like a swan.

Just don't expect anybody to buy your ghost-written book or give you a Blue Peter badge.

I'm with radiorental on this. Driving round the M25 is "an extremely difficult and dangerous undertaking". So is peeling a potato with a Fairburn Sykes while shagging the missus.

Of course it's egotistic. Look up the word in a dictionary.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Just as well or you'd have been sectioned by now.

• Like Like x 1