Another Petition

Trying to sign but timing out....tinfoil hat time?

Signed ;-)

I have no need of a .22 pistol either but the knee jerk reaction of banning legally owned firearms needs dismantling, small steps, one at a time;-)
I live in hope, I miss my Browning:-(

JNM

Old-Salt
Very useful for pest control up close.
Does the job with minimal collateral damage and quicker to bring to bear in some situations.
Pest control such as what? The smallest thing you’d need one for is a fox which you should be able to hit with a rifle. Unless you’re on about going around popping off rats which is just ridiculous.

Personally I enjoy target shooting, I like the challenge and discipline needed to ensure consistent performance. This is my chosen form of social entertainment. If a golfer was denied the use of iron or wood they would be rightly aggrieved. I have committed no crime, why am I being punished? I am responsible enough to legally own long arms for both hunting and target work but not pistols unless I go down the section 7 route?
It was a knee jerk reaction and only serves to penalise legitimate firearms owners, criminally owned weapons are at an all time high, the ban achieved nothing

JNM

Old-Salt
Personally I enjoy target shooting, I like the challenge and discipline needed to ensure consistent performance. This is my chosen form of social entertainment. If a golfer was denied the use of iron or wood they would be rightly aggrieved. I have committed no crime, why am I being punished? I am responsible enough to legally own long arms for both hunting and target work but not pistols unless I go down the section 7 route?
It was a knee jerk reaction and only serves to penalise legitimate firearms owners, criminally owned weapons are at an all time high, the ban achieved nothing
Crimes now are generally commuted with knives. I think it would be irresponsible and very American to allowing the legal sale of easily conceilable firearms because an extremely small minority of people aren’t satisfied target shooting with rifles and shotguns.

If you want challenge set smaller and longer distance targets for a large rifle. Or shoot game birds.

Pest control such as what? The smallest thing you’d need one for is a fox which you should be able to hit with a rifle. Unless you’re on about going around popping off rats which is just ridiculous.
Rabbits mostly, who often lose their fear of vehicles. Much easier to use quickly than a rifle up close
Overkill on rats but fcukit, they're rats.

I shoot out to 1200 yards with elderly military rifles up to 7.62, the only restriction on distance is that this is the longest range available at Bisley and even then they have to close off half the site

Crimes now are generally commuted with knives. I think it would be irresponsible and very American to allowing the legal sale of easily conceilable firearms because an extremely small minority of people aren’t satisfied target shooting with rifles and shotguns.

If you want challenge set smaller and longer distance targets for a large rifle. Or shoot game birds.
Should they ban all knives?

Following that "logic" all knives with a blade longer than 30mm should be immediately banned.

Most deaths on the roads are caused by cars, so ban those too.

Drugs kill, so ban them...

...oh, wait...:roll:

Because I want one & the handgun ban was fabricated nonsense & a piece of social control.
Worthy of a funny and a like but I can grant only one

He’s gone quiet, has he gone to bed or off to his safe space?
JNM, if you don’t shoot, you will never understand
P.s. I also do well on game, both fur and feathers, my freezer is well stocked, I only shoot vermin to control numbers or for food, not for trophies

JNM

Old-Salt
Should they ban all knives?
Bit illogical. A knife is a tool, you could also kill someone with a hammer or brick. A handgun in this arguments case is because someone wants to expand their gun collection, which is ******* stupid. If the argument was that a handgun would do a job that other legal firearms would not be able to do then fair enough but legalising something that is extremely dangerous because again a exetreme minority want to “challenge themselves” on target shooting is a bad argument.

You could apply your argument to “well heroin is extremely addictive, has a high fatality rate outside the NHS and is a drug with minimal health benefits outside professional healthcare and has been banned for good reason for a long time so we should ban paracetomol because it is also drug that people can/have OD’d on in the past even though it makes no logical sense”.

Latest Threads