Another old 'un!

Discussion in 'Armed Forces Jokes' started by billielittle, Mar 6, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. During the recent royal wedding, millions around the worlddsaw that Prince William choose to wear a uniform that included the famous British "Red Coat".
    Many have asked "why do the British wear the red coat in battle? A long time ago Britain & France were at war, during one, the French captured a British Colonel.
    They took him to their headquartersto question him, finaly, as an afterthoughtthe French general asked " why do British officers all wear red coats?dont you know the red material makes you easier targets for us to shoot at"?
    In his matter-fact,way the officer informed the general that the reason British officers wear red is that so that if wounded, the blood wont show & the men thay are leading wont panic.
    And that is why, from that day forward all French army officers wear brown trousers.
    Anon. taken from
  2. First post, you are forgiven for posting something that Nelson heard a hundred times, try to do better in future!!!!

Learn how to use the seach button.
  3. It's bollox too.

They wore red 'cos it was the cheapest coloured woolen cloth you could buy.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Nothing changes really.
  5. I looked all over & car'nt find a button called "search"?
  6. Oddly enough the reason it was never reinstated after 1918 was because the red dye was too expensive.

True that!
  7. Top right. There is no "r" in can't!!
  8. Been to Somerset lately?
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Christ alive !! I didn't know anybody ever wanted to bring it back!

After adopting it to avoid getting shot up the Khyber pass, finding it invaluable when dealing with the Boer and essential in the first mass industrial war . . . . . "Harrumph! Won't be needing that brown rubbish any more - now we can get back to looking like proper soldiers!!

That's the 'nothing changes really' part of the story, isn't it?
  10. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

The Raf wear a blue uniform coz around d 1916.17 a London uniform supplier bid and won a contract to supply the cossacks with their uniforms .
    Unluckily for him once he sourced the fabric and trimmings the revolution happens and his contract went down ... later on after a terrific stroke of luck he won the contract for the newly formed RAF coz he was able to slash his bid owing the fact he had tons of buckshee blue fabric available .
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I was in a pub on Saturday night. Had a few.
    I noticed two large girls by the bar.
    They both had strong accents so I said: “Hi, are you two girls from Scotland?”
    One of them chirped: “It’s WALES , you friggin’ idiot!”
    I immediately apologized and said: “Sorry….are you two whales from Scotland?”
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Ha ha. Chuckled out loud to that one.
  13. It's right next to "spellcheck".
  14. Does Harry Potters wand have 'spellcheck' ?