Another nonce - Sir Cyril Smith

Big news. I wonder why Lord Steel chose to release it on such a hectic news day?

Quote from article in tweet:

'Today at the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA) Lord Steel has admitted under oath that Cyril Smith confessed to him in 1979 that the child abuse allegations against him were true. Steel admitted he still did nothing about it, and made no effort to investigate whether Smith posed any continuing risk to children. Despicable'

Also, from 2018:

Lord Steel: Cyril Smith allegations 'tittle-tattle'

Last edited:
Big news. I wonder why Lord Steel chose to release it on such a hectic news day?

'Today at the Independent Inquiry into Child Sexual Abuse (IICSA) Lord Steel has admitted under oath that Cyril Smith confessed to him in 1979 that the child abuse allegations against him were true. Steel admitted he still did nothing about it, and made no effort to investigate whether Smith posed any continuing risk to children. Despicable'

Also, from 2018:

That is gobsmacking. Despicable indeed. Liberals ideas about liberty seem to be ‘I’m free to do what I like and my Liberal friends won’t question it’.

Also, from 2018:

IIRC Steel also colluded in the Jeremy Thorpe cover-up. Remember this was at a time when the left wing right-on Labourites were also supporting an organisation promoting sex with minors - the Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE)....

It makes you wonder who else the establishment has covered up for

IIRC Steel also colluded in the Jeremy Thorpe cover-up. Remember this was at a time when the left wing right-on Labourites were also supporting an organisation promoting sex with minors - the Paedophile Information Exchange (PIE)....
Very true.
I would guess that, it being relatively soon after the Thorpe scandal, he decided the party could not be further associated with sex crimes.
Politicians - ignoring democracy ; protecting criminals, etc. Great bunch of people.

Donny

ADC
I’m an equal-opportunities sort of bloke when it comes to political parties shielding criminals, so I’ll just leave this headline about the tories here.... MI5: Thatcher shielded Sir Peter Morrison after child abuse claims

Feck me! The whole world and his dog in the North, knew he, Cyril Smith, was a nonce back in the late sixties. We couldn't understand why he was never charged, but he lived with his mother so perhaps they felt sorry for him. :cool:

Edit to insert name

Link to transcript here. P30 onwards. Lots of stuff from colleagues (other witnesses) before P30 about Lord Steel basically hating confrontation and not wanting to face down Smith.
Steel's approach was 'well, it's in the past. He wasn't charged and - vitally to Steel - not a Liberal at the time!'

https://t.co/2q2sYP6dyk?amp=1

It's time to wheel out the tumbrils for this shower of shyte we have in westminster these days.

Blogg

LE
It is indeed remarkable what he didn't know.

Feck me! The whole world and his dog in the North, knew he, Cyril Smith, was a nonce back in the late sixties. We couldn't understand why he was never charged, but he lived with his mother so perhaps they felt sorry for him. :cool:

Edit to insert name

I lived in Manchester in the early 70's and knew a couple from Rochdale......... they were adamant then that he was a pervert.

If it was such common knowledge, why did the local people keep voting for the monster ?

I lived in Manchester in the early 70's and knew a couple from Rochdale......... they were adamant then that he was a pervert.

If it was such common knowledge, why did the local people keep voting for the monster ?
Also strange that this is one of those towns where every underage girl is fair game. Perhaps it was because he was "One of their own", or the populace just couldn't give a sh1t. :cool:

Latest Threads