Another nonce - Sir Cyril Smith

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
Guess what, Cameron has screwed up again. For an ex-PR drone he really 'doesn't get it'.

alib

LE
Guess what, Cameron has screwed up again. For an ex-PR drone he really 'doesn't get it'.
To a point. It's worth remembering that she wouldn't have been selected without pretty much cross party approval, then she gets selected and up jumps Danczuck. So this is party political muckraking rather than just a flaw in the establishment. It's also worth pointing out that where politicians set the remits of investigation in the first place it can hardly be what is called "independent". In fact I would go so far as to say a truly independent enquiry where everyone comes under scrutiny is practically impossible. That's just how society works.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
I think today's stories of her covering up child abuse to 'protect' the Church of England are pretty much an absolute, nothing to do with party politics, and totally destroy any trust in the results of any inquiry she runs into this subject.

The Church is part of the political establishment. The question is who would Danczuck have do the job. Which senior judge can honestly say their political masters haven't doctored their work.

If there is no one to head up an enquiry into yet another Westminster cover up then the UK is no better than the Church of Rome when it uses smoke and mirrors tactics to pleas for decency and honour.

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
RIP
I would have thought that the fallout over Lord Hutton would have given a normally intelligent PM a warning. DC is doing a Blair but then Blair is his role model.

I would have thought that the fallout over Lord Hutton would have given a normally intelligent PM a warning. DC is doing a Blair but then Blair is his role model.
Yes but what other organ is the PM to use? Blair has been supremely successful in evading the responsibility when he should have been at the end of a rope like Saddam, the difference being it was Saddam who was the loser. Any number of people knew that Iraq would implode if Saddam were removed. Like it or not the Judiciary will be controlled in terms of their remit in order the benefit the Society in general.

Ex-copper saying he was removed from a senior position because he wanted to investigate politicians in the 80's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28316874

Peeps on here must know whether he's a stand-up chap or somebody looking to enhance a dodgy career?

Ex-copper saying he was removed from a senior position because he wanted to investigate politicians in the 80's.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28316874

Peeps on here must know whether he's a stand-up chap or somebody looking to enhance a dodgy career?
Personally,I think this is sour grapes. Whatever the Lawrence matter has to do with this I can't think of any good reason why doors were shut and we still don't know the full gen on Lawrence because for a supposed cover up of this magnitude there has to be considerably more. Given the mentality of the eighties it was probably no more than don't upset the apple cart that anything insidious. People just did what they saw as their duty.

Will Kincora surface again, lots of "name" rumours about that.
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/kincora-scandal-how-colin-wallaces-world-turned-upside-down-30438018.html

"Born in Randalstown, Colin Wallace worked his way through the Territorial Army, 'B' Specials, UDR and SAS before winding up as an information officer at Thiepval Barracks in Lisburn in 1968.

He was involved in disinformation and black propaganda at the Information Policy Unit and acted as a source for journalists, feeding stories both true and invented.

In 1974 Wallace attempted to expose the scandal of Kincora Boys' Home, where it has been claimed that fanatics, paedophiles, paramilitaries and politicians were involved in abusing children.

After Wallace complained to his superiors he was sacked, and in 1975 transferred to England after being accused of passing confidential information to journalist Robert Fisk.

Shortly after the Kincora scandal became public knowledge Wallace was arrested and later convicted for killing antiques dealer Jonathan Lewis, who was found drowned in West Sussex in 1980.

Wallace – who had been having an affair with Lewis' wife – served six years in jail, but always protested his innocence.

His conviction was eventually quashed in 1996, and in the famous book Who Framed Colin Wallace? journalist Paul Foot suggested that Wallace had been framed by rogue members of the security services."

Further reading: http://www.8bitmode.com/rogerdog/lobster/lobster11.pdf

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
BBC are reporting that Northants Bizzies Cold Crimes unit are opening a new investigation into Smith after receiving allegations that Smith was stopped on the M1 and child sex abuse material was found in the boot of his car.

Apparently a phone call to a third party ensured that he walked and charges were never laid.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
BBC are reporting that Northants Bizzies Cold Crimes unit are opening a new investigation into Smith after receiving allegations that Smith was stopped on the M1 and child sex abuse material was found in the boot of his car.

Apparently a phone call to a third party ensured that he walked and charges were never laid.
Well I hope the inquiry is not so much into what a dead man did, although it needs verified, but who made the phone call and on what/whose authority.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
What is the betting that they find nothing - or rather that there is no longer anything to find!

What is the betting that they find nothing - or rather that there is no longer anything to find!
What after 25 - 30 years of course they won't. Even the coppers who dealt will probably be retired by now. I seem to recall that we took an oath to enforce the law WITHOUT FEAR OR FAVOUR. I bet there's a hell of a lot of senior management looking after their gongs-cos the average PC plod, would have proceeded given half a chance.

This just gets murkier and murkier and whilst I have my own suspicions, I doubt that any of the actual truth behind this will ever see the light of day... :pissedoff:

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
This just gets murkier and murkier and whilst I have my own suspicions, I doubt that any of the actual truth behind this will ever see the light of day... :pissedoff:
Mind your blood pressure.

Latest Threads