Another Michael Yon Dispatch - Precision Voting

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Yeoman_dai, Sep 2, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://www.michaelyon-online.com/precision-voting.htm

Another excellent article, apologies if it's been posted already.

The 'Pedro' teams seem excellent - dedicated CASEVAC unit - would it be possible to do the same for British Forces? RAF and Rockapes could cover such a unit, no?

Before anyone explodes, i'm already aware of the excellent work the RAF has been and is doing for casualties in Iraq and in Afghanistan i'm merely suggesting forming a dedicated unit may be a good idea.

2. bump because I know some will want to read this.

As an aside, check the very last part about the MoD cancelling his embed. Looks like they did EXACTLY the same to him last time in Iraq. Fucking MORONS

3. Dedicated, hmmm.

We could take, I don't know say an fully armoured (unlike Pedro) Chinook whose only job it is these flights, with a bunch of bods in the back armed to the teeth (more than Pedro), then whack in some high tech medical machines that go 'beep' (Pedro has, I believe, 'only' the skill of the medics) with some of the finest docs available (more than Pedro) in the UK to make sure that screaming lump of flesh gets back to BSN.

Throw in a couple of Apaches for top cover (Pedro. 2 birds with mutual support i.e. one on the ground, one in overwatch).

Sounds great!

We'll call it the Medical Emergency Response Team or Incident Response Team or something snappy like that.

But hey, Michael Yon said it so it must be true.

4. I'll always hold my hands up when i'm wrong, and i'll say here that I didn't realise just how well resourced the MERT teams were. Maybe time to make it a fully formed dedicated squadron, is what I was getting at.

Charlie, please don't make me get off the outrage bus I like it on here :D