Another LS & GC Question

Discussion in 'Medals' started by plant_life, Jun 30, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quick question about the LS & GC. Obviously it's 15 years service, it this 15 years from when you joined if you were adult entry or is it 15 years from your 18th birthday? Just after a bit of clarification. Cheers for any sensible answers back.
  2. 18th birthday I believe
  3. Is RHQ closed today?????
  4. aye probably by now! Tis friday after all :D
  5. FAIL!!!!!!!!
  6. It might as well be Friday where P_L is.
  7. In Kenya so I don't have an RHQ to ask.
  8. Its friday for meeeeeee :nod:
  9. Very soon be Friday for me. I believe that it is timed from adulthood (18 years allegedly).
  10. Makes sense that it would start from aged 18.

It used to be a requirement that Boy Soldiers/Junior Soldiers would have their existing Regimental Conduct Sheets destroyed when going into adult service, so they would literally, start with a clean sheet.

One result of that was, I suppose, that any ex-boy with the required two and a half year's service could put up a 'dodger tape' and no one could challenge its validity.
  11. It's FRIDAY for mee... Start of a LOOONG July 4th holiday weekend ... This shop will be closed until July 5th - owner is out getting hammered.

12. Inbreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeedeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs!
  13. [pedant]I believe it's actually from 17½.[/pedant]
  14. your actual service does not start until your 18th Birthday - your LSGC is calculated from that date. - or mine was anyway.
  15. I can't speak for today's situation but formerly, while adult pay kicked in from seventeen and a half, reckonable service started from eighteen.

Anyone joining prior to age eighteen would expect to serve until the day before their (xx) birthday, depending on the length of their engagement.