Another "loner" terrorism act in France.

It certainly allows the apologists to say "he was just a lone mentally ill person, not an organised religious terrorist".

Without apologising for him it appears that he was a lone mentally ill person, not an organised religious terrorist.

Expect more of the less stable members of that community to get wound up by shall we say a small number of respected community leaders*** and let loose during Christian Holidays in order to gain maximum media coverage and psychological impact.
Its probably also easier to set the loons off if they feel they are being bludgeoned with by the infidel and its wanton society**.

To make matters worse I suspect our very own single chromosome knuckle dragging twunts will stage some provocative and moronic stunt during Ramadan or Eid.

** Be honest most of us feel the same way about Christmas by mid November.

*** Since they cannot be called Zealots or Bigots without some fucktard screaming Wascist at you.

And yes I do believe the mentally vulnerable are being deliberately goaded into this behaviour in light of the recent spate of such attacks.

Without apologising for him it appears that he was a lone mentally ill person, not an organised religious terrorist.
But a lone mentally ill person encouraged to commit a terrorist act by fundamentalist propaganda perhaps?
Any way you look at it, he would have been less likely to take the action he did sans direct or indirect encouragement from religious fanatics.

But a lone mentally ill person encouraged to commit a terrorist act by fundamentalist propaganda perhaps?
Any way you look at it, he would have been less likely to take the action he did sans direct or indirect encouragement from religious fanatics.

Perhaps. But I could go out on the road now and mill half a dozen people with my car while shouting Allahu Akbar or Jesus is the Man. If I did it would simply be mental instability or the six bottles of Perlenbacher I just drank and not terrorism.

You could also blame J D Salinger for driving lone gunmen to assassination. That wouldn't be true either.

Perhaps. But I could go out on the road now and mill half a dozen people with my car while shouting Allahu Akbar or Jesus is the Man. If I did it would simply be mental instability or the six bottles of Perlenbacher I just drank and not terrorism.

You could also blame J D Salinger for driving lone gunmen to assassination. That wouldn't be true either.

I don't disagree, however the question has to be asked what set you off and prompted that battle cry. For example were St Gerry and St Martin drinking with you and suggesting that you get even with those English bastards because of all the nasty things they are saying about you.
Under those circumstances no you are not a terrorist but somebody is manipulating you into behaving like one.

I am very suspicious that given the sudden blip of this type of shall we say mental breakdown so near Christmas, this is whats happening.

Terrorism has a political objective. Random acts of violence are just that, even if inspired by terrorist acts.

If I restore a Morris Minor I am a car restorer.

I may not have joined the Morris Minor Restoration Club, subscribed to Morris Minor Monthly, or attended the annual rally at Longleat.

But I am still a car restorer.

I may not have joined the Morris Minor Restoration Club, subscribed to Morris Minor Monthly, or attended the annual rally at Longleat.

Exactly.

If your objectives are not political, you're not a terrorist.

If they are, you are.

Shouting "Allahu akbar" whilst committing said act kind of removes the randomness.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything. If I were to snap and kick the missis to death while shouting 'allahu akbar', it wouldn't make me a terrorist - unless I'd deliberately done it for some political motive.

It doesn't necessarily mean anything. If I were to snap and kick the missis to death while shouting 'allahu akbar', it wouldn't make me a terrorist - unless I'd deliberately done it for some political motive.

Now you're being absurd.

Yelling slogans known to be those used by defined terrorists whilst committing an act of violence against civilians is, by its very nature, an act of terrorism, as it is the conclusions drawn by those affected by said act that make it so.
They are terrorised & in a manner that attaches the act to a specific entity; Islamic extremism.
They aren't going to write to their MP demanding something be done to stop random acts of violence. They're going to demand something be done about Islamic terrorists.

The spate of people shouting heil hitler while shooting/stabbing/beheading /running over people has nothing to do with nazism. It it merely the random acts of people who happen to all have well thumbed copies of mein kampf and prominent swastica tattoos.

Trying to group these lone individuals together or ascribe a common motive is simply foolish.

I see your point and to some extent I agree, where we differ I think is that whilst I agree the culprits aren't politically motivated themselves, I think they are being manipulated by odious individuals into these actions and as such the aim is to create fear and uncertainty within our society.

The news of these attacks seem to be rather low key here in France, I don't know if its because they consider it a low threat coincidence, are worried about copy cats, or (and its always a problem in France) they are worried since the police shot a man with a knife the Arab* quarter will go all Duggan on us.

*Its been strangely quiet of late usually in the Arab quarter of Toulouse* there is a minor incident most weekends resulting in a few cars burning, The victims are normally fellow Arabs who have jobs.
Occasionally these flare up into week long country wide spats.

*and lots of other cities.

Alcoholics Anonymous meetings start with an admission and acceptance.

You have to admit and accept your situation before you can change it.

We aren't there yet with the current problem.

We will get there.

But what's your objective in restoring the Morris Minor? Is it because you like Morris Minors or do you want to further the aims and objectives of the Morris Minor Restoration Club.

Your neighbours of course, seeing you busily restoring your Morris Minor will automatically and incorrectly assume that you do belong to the Morris Minor Restoration Club and wait impatiently by the door once a month for postie to deliver Morris Minor Monthly.

I don't disagree, however the question has to be asked what set you off and prompted that battle cry. For example were St Gerry and St Martin drinking with you and suggesting that you get even with those English bastards because of all the nasty things they are saying about you.
Under those circumstances no you are not a terrorist but somebody is manipulating you into behaving like one.

I am very suspicious that given the sudden blip of this type of shall we say mental breakdown so near Christmas, this is whats happening.

An unlikely circumstance. Given that any chance encounter with members of SF prompts me to go have a shower, I am unlikely to be drinking with those two. But I see your point. If I were drinking with Gerry and Martin and then went on a killing spree, everybody would jump to the conclusion that Irish Republican terrorist goes on killing spree. Investigating my background later on the Gardaí discover that I've never been a member of SF or any manifestation of the IRA. I don't practice any religion so my battle cry is inexplicable. A psychological assessment weeks after the headlines have moved on to something else reveals that my "act of Republican terrorism" was in fact motivated by my financial problems or marriage breakup.

I am suspicious that every crackpot with a good suntan is an Islamic terrorist all of a sudden. It's handy because it sells newspapers and people who don't understand why others go on spree killings have a handy pigeonhole to stick the crackpot in.

But what's your objective in restoring the Morris Minor? Is it because you like Morris Minors or do you want to further the aims and objectives of the Morris Minor Restoration Club.

Because I like Morris Minors and want to see one more of them on the road, in place of Toyotas.

And because of my actions there is indeed one more Morris Minor on he road, displacing a Toyota.

Latest Threads